This Week At Full-on!

Busby

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LET MAKE THIS A xxxxxxx BIG ONE LADS, THERE xxxxxxx TOSSER FOR PULLING THE PLUG ON FOF, THE ISLE OF MAN JUST GONNA BE A LAND OFF FUNKY HOUSE NOW

Thats true funky house has taken over the island, ITS PANTS!!!!! Thats just my opinion but im sure quite a few people will agree with me.

I will definately be going to FOF this week and i am dragging loads of people with me too, should be a great night!!! :D

Sad that its the last FOF tho :(

its not pants at all, you need to start to accept that other forms of music are out there. go and discover them instead of slagging everything off.

personally i think its sad that FOF, the islands longest running, weekly night is ending, if indeed it is. but do you really think the Full-on boys are going to just stop? true, they might want a rest after 5 years, but stop?

how many FOF's have you been to lately? from what i've read kitty, you haven't been for a while. if this means the boys have the chance to do something, perhaps monthly, they can make it that bit more special, and therefore pulling in more punters who will have been waiting all month for it, just a thought.

but if you think that one big funky house night every 2 months is taking over the island then you are very wrong. get out there and start getting into music, take off the blinkers and start supporting the many, varied nights there are out there. its never going to be just about house, or just about trance or hard house, open your ears and your feet will follow ;)

I've been there a couple of times myself, but not really my taste of music!!

Must admitt it was VERY busy the times ive been there, but the scallys and " security staff " are abit dodgy to say the least!!

some people wrecked it there for alot of people i know, ie scallys off there heads and the security staff taking the hump cause someone was chatting one of there " ladies ".

apart from that i had a good time there, hopefuly you guys will get another venue and keep it going.

also the gallery is wicked but also abit incriminating, as there is a few under age people i know in alot of pictures!! note for your future plans guys!

Must admitt it was VERY busy the times ive been there, but the scallys and " security staff " are abit dodgy to say the least!!

i used to think that too, but the security has been changed since, they are much better now.

It was just my opinion thats all Mo Beats :unsure:

didn't mean to criticise ya if thats the way ya took it, sorry.

its just my feelings are that musical horizons need to be opened up if the manx dance scene is to flourish. for too long the scene has become stagnant, the "big name" dj has all but died with the dirge that we've had here lately. the clubs are nowhere near as full as they used to be, thats plain for all to see. if ya ask people, they say its cos there's nowhere good to go. thats a musical issue, not a club issue.

look at the uk, see whats going on, how they progress, see whats cool, for the most part the island is nothing like it. the scene is going to die if we don't keep moving forward.

and a posing question for all those "funky house" haters, how hard did ya dance to lola's theme when it first came out?

i don't play funky house by the way!

I just hope something good is gonna come good from all this. You only miss something when it's gone. Bringing breaks into it is a great idea. i like dirty breaks and tech-house as well as my trance and hard house. I maybe heading for my mid 30's but I'm as young as I feel :D and full on on fridays is the place to be

for the music i like.

Funky house is becoming saturated, the hard house trance scene is creeping back in slowly but surely. i was reading that the likes of flip and fill and all those clubland cd's is what has put a dampner on the scene but now they are in a league of their own. i'm just glad full on fridays stayed away from this or they would be tarred with the same brush. only chavs and young kids listen to clubland these days so the scene can recover! get in there

LET MAKE THIS A xxxxxxx BIG ONE LADS, THERE xxxxxxx TOSSER FOR PULLING THE PLUG ON FOF, THE ISLE OF MAN JUST GONNA BE A LAND OFF FUNKY HOUSE NOW

Thats true funky house has taken over the island, ITS PANTS!!!!! Thats just my opinion but im sure quite a few people will agree with me.

I will definately be going to FOF this week and i am dragging loads of people with me too, should be a great night!!! :D

well said, funky house is taking over the isle of man, ive tryed listen to funky house, but it just sound xxxxxxx crap, every club you go to, thats all they play. people on this island are just to scared off change

what utter xxxxx.

how do you think the 'funky' house scene got going in the first place? it wasn't that long ago. if people are scared of change then how do all these genres get big?

if you're pissed off with full on fridays finishing stop xxxxxxx moaning and start your own night up..... if you feel that strongly about it.

i'll even start you off incase you haven't got a clue

1. get a venue

2. clubiom <-- there you'll find a rather hefty directory of local dj's with contact number

3. promotion.... there are loads of design agencies on the island such as, EDL, range left jagged right, the agency and blueprint media, give them a call let them know what you want and they'll sort out the rest (including printing)

4. get stressed: putting on your first night is a very stressful thing stock up on rescue remedy and valium.

5. put on the night and be hailed aas king of the dance world.

well said, funky house is taking over the isle of man, ive tryed listen to funky house, but it just sound xxxxxxx crap, every club you go to, thats all they play. people on this island are just too scared of change

sorry?

so whats new about trance?

stop slagging things off, and start supporting stuff.

name all the "every club"s that they play funky house in then?

paramount, for the main part is commercial trance.

breeze, is more often trance and hard house than funky house, but also chart and cheese.

vibe, is funky house, but also a lot of tribal house.

the venue, is chart and cheese.

so where are you talking about?

Mo , WTF is the difference between chart cheese and funky house and commercial trance? did I miss something? obvioiusly.......

s'pose ya right, but in the chart'n'cheese you'll get all the rachel stevens and girls aloud stuff etc and the dancey stuffs in the minority, i guess.

don't really know though, i'm way too cool to fraternise these places!

B)

Archived