Who's The Tynwald Leak?

Naighteyr

You need to get that in context

During the war, with rationing limited to about 1500 calories a day being fat was a mark of privilege , so Churchill was a deservedly fat fuck

Whereas now, its all about gym membership, personal trainers, fresh low fat organic food

So Doris Karloff is either living in a WW2 construct, or is a greedy cow

Either way, someone unable to control their personal eating habits or use some of their well paid time to keep healthy is probably not to be trusted with controlling public funds

Mrs Crowe is certainly disliked by most people,maybe a few people have gripes with her but are the rest just following along?A businessman I was working for down south yesterday was talking to her the other day and the whole story does seem a storm in a tea cup.I know a few well known figures in the Island,before I knew them you hear all the stories of them being this and that but the truth is usually different.

As for calling her a fat so and so where does that end?No different than calling a black person the N word etc...Glad she isnt my old dutch

Whenever I have been sitting there watching Tynwald, by far the most amusing (but also strangely alarming) moments are watching Mrs Crowe's face when Peter Karran (MHK for Onchan) is speaking.

She clearly doest not like Mr Karran one iota and when he speaks she immediately puts on a face and puckers up like she is sucking a rather unripe and rancid lemon* and stares directly at him throughout his speech. Other than the occasional "phtt" and "tut" the face remains until the Honourable Member for Onchan takes his seat again.

Whatever a person may think about him, Peter Karran has consistently topped the poll in Onchan at every General Election since the constituency was formed in 1986, and he had more votes than any other politician in each of the last two general elections. I think other politicians - or at least those that have been elected at General Elections (MHKs) - appreciate this and realise that come what may, he is due a certain degree of respect on behalf of the many people who have voted for him.

I would actually consider Mrs Crowe's attitude to be somewhere at least bordering on bullying. Intimidation certainly. There is no room for that in Tynwald

*I'm not sure if you can have a lemon that is both unripe and rancid, but the near alliteration seems to fit what I think. Maybe she is sucking two lemons or something.

I would actually consider Mrs Crowe's attitude to be somewhere at least bordering on bullying. Intimidation certainly. There is no room for that in Tynwald

There's hardly room for anything once she's squeezed herself in!

Whenever I have been sitting there watching Tynwald, by far the most amusing (but also strangely alarming) moments are watching Mrs Crowe's face when Peter Karran (MHK for Onchan) is speaking.

She clearly doest not like Mr Karran one iota and when he speaks she immediately puts on a face and puckers up like she is sucking a rather unripe and rancid lemon* and stares directly at him throughout his speech. Other than the occasional "phtt" and "tut" the face remains until the Honourable Member for Onchan takes his seat again.

Whatever a person may think about him, Peter Karran has consistently topped the poll in Onchan at every General Election since the constituency was formed in 1986, and he had more votes than any other politician in each of the last two general elections. I think other politicians - or at least those that have been elected at General Elections (MHKs) - appreciate this and realise that come what may, he is due a certain degree of respect on behalf of the many people who have voted for him.

*I'm not sure if you can have a lemon that is both unripe and rancid, but the near alliteration seems to fit what I think. Maybe she is sucking two lemons or something.

He may top the polls, but he continues to speak like he's trapped his head in a bucket of custard. Maybe she's just trying to figure out what the hell he's saying, and the others don't bother.

I'm sure she's just Keeping Up Appearances ;)

post-3295-1204570151_thumb.jpg

Archived