[BBC News] DJ Kershaw is freed from prison

Newsbot

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope he sorts himself out this time as the (mirror) claims that the IOM prison 'is one of Britains toughest jails', which comes as a shock, (probably to Andy) as he states 'Thanks for jailing me, I had a lovely six weeks lying down'.

If he timed it better, he could have laid in bed watching TV at the new jail :P

Well lets hope this is his last visit to the big house.

I would love to see tough treatment for re-offenders, i.e bland food, and no perks, discouragement is the only way to stop these idiots.

I think andy now needs to take stock and get on with his life.

I briefly saw that there was an article in the Mail on Sunday today about his prison experiences.

I think they may have read out that article on Manx Radio 'news'. Didn't credit the newspaper as far as I could tell!

I briefly saw that there was an article in the Mail on Sunday today about his prison experiences.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/a...in_page_id=1773

I don't understand from reading the Mail on Sunday article why he was banged up in the first place, as it was accidental that he bumped into his ex and he didn't do anything wrong. Is there more to this than is in the article?

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/a...in_page_id=1773

Yeah, and what a load of cringeworthy old shite it is too.

I've had to sleep with my coat on - the vermin, the flea bites, the hair loss and the weeping, red, raw rash that now covers my whole body.

Puke

shouldn't have broken the law then..

But the point is that it seems he didn't do anything wrong to warrant going to prison, or I don't think so anyway, as the judge said the fact that Kershaw and his ex bumped into each other was accidental. Though before I sent my first post on this thread I did miss that he sent texts to his ex

I also think that the The Mail on Sunday article is really cringeworthy. But I am glad he has "paid his debts to the authorities" (whatever that is supposed to mean)

I also think that the The Mail on Sunday article is really cringeworthy.

You might find it less cringeworthy if you'd ever been lucky enough to experience the delights of our prison.

I also think that the The Mail on Sunday article is really cringeworthy.

You might find it less cringeworthy if you'd ever been lucky enough to experience the delights of our prison.

I don't doubt it. Sounds awful in there and not fit to have anybody in there even if they are prisoners. I just meant that the article does sound cringeworthy in the usual "changed my life", "paid my debt to authorities", and general lack of indignance shown by Kershaw at what seems to be a very harsh sentence.

This wasn't the first time that he had breached the restraining order/been in bother.

Clicky1

Clicky2

Clicky3

As for 'it had been an accident' well perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel's back after several months of alleged drunken harassment. Who knows - only Andy and Juliette will know the full picture.

What pisses me off is, in no particular order

1) Liz Kershaw. Irritating and ugly. Bleating on about the 'rain swept Isle of Man' in this and other bleeding heart exclusives in the Mail. Poor poor brother Andy. He'd never hurt a fly until he came to the Isle of Man which is where all this trouble started. He lost his Angel's wings on the Ben my Chree and the nasty people in the Isle of Man didn't understand him and sent him to their Victorian jail. No mention in the article about the fact that the Isle of Man recognises that it has a Victorian jail no longer fit for purpose and will shortly be transferring all prisoners to the Jurby Hilton.

2) Andy Kershaw for writing 'his side of the story' in a Mail exclusive. Have some fucking pride. How much did you get?

3) The Daily Mail for its hypocritical bare faced cheek. Everyone knows the Mail hates the BBC with institutional fervour. Hates it. It scans the BBC forums for any half ass critical comments then publishes them as 'news.' But it seems to have drawn old Andy K into its heaving bosom.

I think what really gets me is that Mr & Mrs middle England will read the tawdry garbage published in the MoS and think 'poor Andy, those nasty Manx people have given him a raw deal. It doesn't sound like a very nice place at all, what with their run down Guest houses, force 9 gales and Victorian Prison.'

/rant

Anyone fancy a letters campaign to the Mail?

What pisses me off is, in no particular order

3) The Daily Mail for its hypocritical bare faced cheek. Everyone knows the Mail hates the BBC with institutional fervour. Hates it. It scans the BBC forums for any half ass critical comments then publishes them as 'news.' But it seems to have drawn old Andy K into its heaving bosom.

I was with you there until you blamed the Mail. What do you expect? Its a nasty right wing piece of recyclable bog paper read by retired Majors in Guildford. You can't blame them for publishing this sort of crap. Its the sort of crap they publish 7 days a week. They would have no readers if they didn't publish this sort of crap.

Archived