[BBC News] DJ Kershaw is freed from prison

Newsbot

I think what really gets me is that Mr & Mrs middle England will read the tawdry garbage published in the MoS and think 'poor Andy, those nasty Manx people have given him a raw deal. It doesn't sound like a very nice place at all, what with their run down Guest houses, force 9 gales and Victorian Prison.'

Anyone who reads that shite and forms an opinion on the Island based on that article would be better off staying in England or whichever swamp they are in.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it seems to have drawn old Andy K into its heaving bosom.

I think that the Mail has drawn him bosomward because they sense that he's still got a few more pages left in him - I fear he may well get more opportunities to feed the mice (and raise the tone of his chums' conversation and radio-listening), and sooner rather than later.

This wasn't the first time that he had breached the restraining order/been in bother.

Clicky1

Clicky2

Clicky3

As for 'it had been an accident' well perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel's back after several months of alleged drunken harassment. Who knows - only Andy and Juliette will know the full picture.

Aah right, so there is more to this. Cheers. But to me it does seem bizarre that a judge recognises that something is accidental and punishes anyway.

I hate the Daily Mail but isn't it the second biggest selling newspaper in the UK? I hope this paper isn't the only source of current affairs for the people who buy the mail.

I think what really gets me is that Mr & Mrs middle England will read the tawdry garbage published in the MoS and think 'poor Andy, those nasty Manx people have given him a raw deal. It doesn't sound like a very nice place at all, what with their run down Guest houses, force 9 gales and Victorian Prison.'

I would have thought that Mail on Sunday readers rather approve of criminals (and left-wing BBC DJ's) being locked up in vermin invested, freezing Victorian prisons.

That's what really baffles me about the whole piece and the Mail's fascination with Kershaw. As you say, the Mail sits slightly to the right of Stalin in its views, and yet they let Andy Kershaw (part of the left-wing BBC establishment normally in the Mail's opinion) bleat on about how hard it is in Victoria Road. But I guess ultimately the Mail's fascination is with celebrity and I suppose Kershaw counts as a celebrity. Just.

Unlike his ugly sister.

'Exclusive' in today's Mirror

"It was like a glorified youth club crossed with an opium den - a monument to the tragedy which is the criminal justice system on the Isle of Man," he says. "A completely Dickensian prison full of Liverpudlian drug dealers and violent men."

To be honest, the tone of the piece doesn't suggest that he's learned an awful lot from what's happened.

EXCLUSIVE JAILED RADIO 3 DJ'S FIRST INTERVIEW 'I saw drug dealers released early..all I did was look at my wife and I served the full term'

I thought his full term was something like 3 months and he was out in around seven weeks?

To be honest, the tone of the piece doesn't suggest that he's learned an awful lot from what's happened.

They do further ed in Victoria Road then? His ex won't let him see his kids (which I personally find quite disgusting) so surprise surprise already pretty down and out he goes completely off the rails because it's a battle he can't fight. In a way I can understand his trying to kick against the pricks because a patently unjust system shouldn't have the support of anyone. Which to me means he's not entirely to blame.

The tone of the piece is the usual "the strength of the human spirit in the face of adversity" etc etc etc (pass the sickbag Alice!), i.e. standard Mail bs. If he managed to turn his small stretch to some financial advantage then good luck to him. Especially when you think the cash came directly out of the pockets of Daily Mail readers. Having said that they buy the "newspaper" so I suppose they're already well used to being ripped off...

The tone of the piece is the usual "the strength of the human spirit in the face of adversity" etc etc etc (pass the sickbag Alice!), i.e. standard Mail bs. If he managed to turn his small stretch to some financial advantage then good luck to him. Especially when you think the cash came directly out of the pockets of Daily Mail readers. Having said that they buy the "newspaper" so I suppose they're already well used to being ripped off...

Errmm... the piece that I was referring to was in the Daily Mirror - to which I provided a link. However, you don't normally allow facts to influence your opinion so I shouldn't really be surprised. :D

His ex won't let him see his kids (which I personally find quite disgusting) so surprise surprise already pretty down and out he goes completely off the rails because it's a battle he can't fight. In a way I can understand his trying to kick against the pricks because a patently unjust system shouldn't have the support of anyone. Which to me means he's not entirely to blame.

What's to learn?

I was also referring to the other "newspaper" which was his prepared piece rather than the Mirror "interview" where he did all of the above, the clue is in the name I quoted - "Daily Mail". See it? Well done...

I was also referring to the other "newspaper" which was his prepared piece rather than the Mirror "interview" where he did all of the above, the clue is in the name I quoted - "Daily Mail". See it? Well done...

Then why quote my piece about the article in Mirror and....

Oh, never mind. You've worked for the government so an you're expert at misrepresentation and claiming everyone else is dumb in order to conceal your own lack of intelligence.

"It was like a glorified youth club crossed with an opium den - a monument to the tragedy which is the criminal justice system on the Isle of Man," he says. "A completely Dickensian prison full of Liverpudlian drug dealers and violent men."

Prison in full of druggies and violent people sensation.

What a shocking revelation. :o

Archived