[BBC News] DJ Kershaw is freed from prison

Newsbot

I wonder what the 'beat bobbies' think of all this.

They must see this time and time and time again on this drink fuelled Island. Mostly written down as a 'domestic' and discarded until the next time.

Only difference is, this involves a 'pop star' or whatever he is.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They must see this time and time and time again on this drink fuelled Island. Mostly written down as a 'domestic' and discarded until the next time.

It wouldn't matter if he was a DJ, a Pop Star or a normal office worker. If anyone breaches a restraining order then they WILL be arrested by the Police and put before the Courts.

It's not discarded and they do try to help. Shame that without anyone from the mental health/drug and alcohol lot doing anything about it they just end up pissed again. And so the cycle continues. Andy Kershaw is lucky there's somewhere else he can go as he'll get fuck all help here, even if he wanted it.

Shame that without anyone from the mental health/drug and alcohol lot doing anything about it they just end up pissed again.

What do you expect? I had a run in with the mental health services here recently in relation to a family member who wasw having problems - after the first councilling session he realised that they were more crackers than he was and booked himself out. Good therapy I thought.

Most 'beat bobbies' don't give a toss. 'Domestics' are just one of those problems they'd rather avoid - where 'sympathy' in such cases is just a word to be found in the dictionary - somewhere between 'shit' and 'syphillis'.

It's not discarded and they do try to help. Shame that without anyone from the mental health/drug and alcohol lot doing anything about it they just end up pissed again. And so the cycle continues. Andy Kershaw is lucky there's somewhere else he can go as he'll get fuck all help here, even if he wanted it.

Unfortunately you can't help those who don't want to help themselves. What on earth do you expect the mental health or drug and alcohol services to do about it?

After the going's on in the past few months, I think he has now outlived any sympathy owing. He sounds to me like the kind of person who will end up doing some serious physical damage to his ex-wife or her new partner not to mention the emotional damage probably done to his children.

My advice, Andy, if you ever read this, is to spend some time with your family in England, sober up and think about your kids. Good luck.

Unfortunately you can't help those who don't want to help themselves. What on earth do you expect the mental health or drug and alcohol services to do about it?

Ok, this has nothing to do with Andy Kershaw, but if you get one of them saying "it's not mental health because he's drunk" and you get the other saying "it's not drug and alcohol because he's mentally ill not an alcoholic" I think you can forgive me for not having much faith in either of them. Too much buck passing and not enough remembering why they got into the job in the first place in my experience.

I know you can't help them unless they want it, but to not even reach out an arm in case they do want it is wrong.

Oh my lord just read the funniest thing on IOM online

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Andy-Kersha...dale.3856645.jp

Seriously who is he trying to kid! He has sores on his leg from 7 weeks in prison!! Ha, he is living in a dream world! God help him if he ever gets stuck in really bad conditions - like the ones in Beruit and Gaza where is apparently going to film documentaries!!

I had to laugh at the article :D

If he took his yellow wellies off once a month or so then he might see an improvement with his legs. I seem to remember getting pains and sores all over when I used to get pissed out of my head - maybe he had them before he went in and noticed them once sober?

Ha, he is living in a dream world! God help him if he ever gets stuck in really bad conditions - like the ones in Beruit and Gaza where is apparently going to film documentaries!!

Its funny you mentioned Beruit or Gaza, did you read the Sunday Mail thing last week?

Sunday Mail

He actually mentioned that he got a letter from Terry bloody Waite in jail.

I also had a letter from Terry Waite, whom I've never met, offering his "every assistance, if it's not too impertinent to say so".

A very kind officer then lent me the Archbishop of Canterbury's special envoy's autobiography and it put into perspective the triviality of my own situation.

I wrote back to thank him and pointed out that at some point I was tramping the streets of Beirut while he was chained to a radiator.

The bugger didn't walk the streets of Douglas for me.

Yes Andy being chained to a radiator for 5 years after trying to mediate between waring factions in a warzone, is so comparible to being banged up for being a useless drunken tit in Peel.

It's fun to watch Kershaw's regard of the Manx justice system oscillate between two extremes. One moment he's thanking the court in public for showing leniency, acknowledging his guilt and talking about blubbing in his cell because everyone was so super nice, like the guards lending him a hand held tv. The next moment he's railing on about how corrupt and petty the justice system is, claiming that the only thing he's guilty of is loving his kids, and denouncing the horrible conditions and deprivation he experienced in prison.

The man's an overgrown child, full of contrition and regret when indulged, but soon developing a nasty streak of resentment when it's clear that he's not going to be allowed to get his own way.

Archived