[BBC News] Police hold five over heroin find

Newsbot

Five men are arrested and heroin with a street value of £13,000 is seized after police raids.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/7273702.stm

Let me guess. It'll turn out that they're not really drug dealers, just victims of circumstance who were forced to import the drug because they had drug debts and their families had been threatened if they didn't do it.

That's the bog standard excuse these days isn't it?

Five men are arrested and heroin with a street value of £13,000 is seized after police raids.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/7273702.stm

Let me guess. It'll turn out that they're not really drug dealers, just victims of circumstance who were forced to import the drug because they had drug debts and their families had been threatened if they didn't do it.

And don't forget they were deprived of an action man when they were young!

And their parents banned them from watching Grange Hill so they were completely unaware of the plight of Zammo Macguire

That's nonsense anyway. I wasn't allowed to watch it because it was a 'bad influence', but it taught me great skill at sitting on the edge of my chair, ready to lunge forward & change channel if the door handle so much as looked like it was about to turn. :D

Those were the days. :)

Police said they were determined to combat the "menace" of drug dealing.

I thought menace was not quite the right word.

I suppose the Police see it as a menace because even though we are an Island, the authorities remain pretty well clueless as to where the drugs are all coming in. Although this headline suggests the Police are getting there.

Anyway, congrats to the Police on this seizure. It should stop the supply of heroin for quite a few days.

If they're to be believed, the national debt pales into insignificance by comparison.

Why is everyone so quick to judge? Some days I think being a heroin addict might not be such a bad thing at least they only have one thing to worry about.

You mean, who they're going to rob to fund their addiction?

Archived