[BBC News] Furniture dumped at beauty spot

Newsbot

I always thought once they introduced those high charges for dumping a skip full of stuff this kind thing would start to happen. You only need a few of these incidents and the island can soon start to look awful.

I think it's nearly £100 for a skip these days - thanks to Pam Crowe I seem to remember.

How bizarre. I wonder if this this sort of stuff more common since the (false) announcement that we'd be charged for using the skips, or if there are just loads of really stupid people about.

Please explain what you mean by 'false' announcement. Don't the guys who hire out skips now have to include the charges for tipping it?

I have reported 2 ppl for littering in the past, both were stupid enough to dump stuff with their name and address on. I hope the authorities went through it all for clues.

That sofa looks like the one in the house i rented last year, hmmm...my landlady was mental enough to go all the way to a different country to flytip and she did say she'd been to the Island once (apparently she fancied the pilot of the plane and then fell off the bottom step of the plane into him as he welcomed her to the Island.)

What's the number for crimestoppers again?!?

I always thought once they introduced those high charges for dumping a skip full of stuff this kind thing would start to happen. You only need a few of these incidents and the island can soon start to look awful.

I think it's nearly £100 for a skip these days - thanks to Pam Crowe I seem to remember.

Nothing to do with charges and all to do with being a bunch of cock rots.

As immortalpuppet says, they would have to put it into some form of vehicle to get it all the way out there. Why not just take it to one of the many Amenity sites?

Can't blame this one on the 'establishment'.

Archived