Xbox Live Codes, Any Spare Please

Nitro

tell you what , if you have the balls I will open the shop up and let you have a 3 month free just so I can give you stick

Stick for what exactly?, i'd gain £15 worth of xbox live and you have a laugh for perhaps an hour at most?..... :lol: , mind you, you might just laugh then give me an expired card! :lol: , I'll be buying a 3 month card local anyway (£15 in most shops i think?), Marcus I can't find any on your site, do you have them then?

Cheers for the link Terry but i don't want to risk buying off ebay although they email them quick you never know where the codes are from, ie generated illegally.

Too late Nitro

Could have had a 3 month subscription TOTALLY FREE , hope you get a code soon

Don't what to go into your gaymasters shop anyway! :D

Gaymasters , superb think that up all by yourself did you ? But hold on Nitro , the internet is so much better for everything , so much cheaper , remember this

I went in on thier opening day, Prices are a fortune!!

A couple of xbox 360 games that are £15 on the net were being sold for £30+

I don't mind it when companies have a small margin, But they no doubt buy wholesale so it'll be even cheaper than £15 and they make £15 on every game!, Reminds me of Manx micro when it was in St Pauls Square.

I use : http://www.find-games.co.uk/ for the cheapest price.

Or http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/

And then : http://www.quidco.com/ for cashback from different sites. (Normally around 4%, It all adds up!)

Sorry Nitro , you really don't have a clue , but thankfully enough people think we offer fair prices , good customer service and recently we won The Best Small Business 2007 because many of our customers took the time out to vote for us.

We run competitions in local publications,we offer same day delivery and installation and we are a Manx business employing manx people.

The average margin on a game is 20% ( £10 on a £50 game ) out of which we have to pay VAT ( £1.75 ) , Rent ( not telling you how much that is ) Utilities , Staff , etc...

How can internet companies beat this , well firstly have you ever tried getting good customer service from the internet ? We recently bought pc's from Dell and even though the pc's were very competitively priced now that the graphics cards are failing etc.. I cant get through to Dell and on the odd occassion I have been able to speak to someone at Dell , the agents English has been so poor , I have been unable to understand them.

Play.com are in a vat exempt area so when they buy a game they dont pay VAT and when they sell a game they dont pay VAT.Plus added to that when you as a business can afford to buy 10,000 copies of a game it gives you much stronger purchasing power.

When you use Find Games , Google or eBay to purchase games you are going to potentially hundreds maybe even thousands of vendors of a game and comparing prices and getting the cheapest.Hw are they doing that , have you ever thought that they may be selling that at a huge loss just to move stock on.It does happen you know.

You may have your thoughts on me Nitro , but I can tell you this , if you would have wanted I would have gone to the shop for you opened up and let you have an Xbox Live subscription because that is what we are all about.I have had customers ring me up at home on my ( supposed ) day off and ask for help with this or that and we will gladly oblige.

I know things cost money and everyone likes to get the best price they can ( me included ) but sometimes price is not just the only consideration.

Anyway I sincerely hope you do get a subscription , I will have a scout around here and see if I can find a 48 hour for you

Rgds

The Gaymaster ;)

Marcus, I'm a bit of a money saving nut, thats the problem, But I've always said that compared to high street stores your games are competitively priced (asides from occasions where they sell them as loss leaders as you've stated, like I got Blue dragon at £8.64 or something silly), You do run good promotions, GTA IV is a very good price, compared to both internet and high street prices for example.

Its sort of like comparing a supermarkets alcohol prices to that of an off licence, IE 2 bottles of wine for £6, yet a off licence charges £5 for one.

I don't want to seem like i'm against your shop, because i'm not, I just try to looks for bargains and it doesn't matter if thats a gaming shop, a supermarket or any other type of shop, As somebody who has no money I spend whatever I've got wisely, Infact it takes my ages to buy a game because if Its crap then its £30 wasted. Perhaps in a few years when i've got a decent job I'll not bother with the hassle of searching for a slightly cheaper price.

I think Game, HMV, woolworths, faze 2 and most highstreet stores are rips offs, I just hate spending money! :lol:

Marcus, I'm a bit of a money saving nut, thats the problem, But I've always said that compared to high street stores your games are competitively priced (asides from occasions where they sell them as loss leaders as you've stated, like I got Blue dragon at £8.64 or something silly), You do run good promotions, GTA IV is a very good price, compared to both internet and high street prices for example.

Its sort of like comparing a supermarkets alcohol prices to that of an off licence, IE 2 bottles of wine for £6, yet a off licence charges £5 for one.

I don't want to seem like i'm against your shop, because i'm not, I just try to looks for bargains and it doesn't matter if thats a gaming shop, a supermarket or any other type of shop, As somebody who has no money I spend whatever I've got wisely, Infact it takes my ages to buy a game because if Its crap then its £30 wasted. Perhaps in a few years when i've got a decent job I'll not bother with the hassle of searching for a slightly cheaper price.

I think Game, HMV, woolworths, faze 2 and most highstreet stores are rips offs, I just hate spending money! :lol:

Nothing wrong with saving money , in fact you are probably the wise one. Do you like Blue Dragon , my youngest son loves RPG's , and at the price you got it , superb.

You know what some people are like , they have just got to have the game the day it comes out.I recently treated myself to the monster game Burnout Revenge , an old game and quite cheap now and I loved having a blast on that last night.

You just can't go wrong getting a decent 360 game for around a tenner.Nothing wrong with getting used games cheap , I say to my kids all the time just wait a little while until one gets traded in.Like you say games are so expensive and if the game turns out to be cack ( dont ever buy The Club its absolutely awful ) its a decent wedge wasted.

Traditional retail will always be more expensive because of the costs involved in the business as I illustrated before but from time to time we do like to offer a big loss leader ( Halo 3 , GTA IV ) as its good publicity for the shop but it enthuses customers who come in our shop week in week out and we do like to reward loyalty.

We do have xbox live subscriptions in , the website causes me nothing but aggro as I do try and stay on top of maintaining the product list but tbh not many people purchase from the site even though it is quite busy , generally they look on the site for bits and pieces and then if its not on there they email or pop in store.

Nothing wrong with saving money , in fact you are probably the wise one. Do you like Blue Dragon , my youngest son loves RPG's , and at the price you got it , superb.

Honestly?.......nope...... I sold it and got a different game. :lol:

You know what some people are like , they have just got to have the game the day it comes out.I recently treated myself to the monster game Burnout Revenge , an old game and quite cheap now and I loved having a blast on that last night.

You just can't go wrong getting a decent 360 game for around a tenner.Nothing wrong with getting used games cheap , I say to my kids all the time just wait a little while until one gets traded in.Like you say games are so expensive and if the game turns out to be cack ( dont ever buy The Club its absolutely awful ) its a decent wedge wasted.

I try to buy a good game, complete it, then either trade or sell it, However I'm not very good at sticking to playing one game, Most are around 60% done!, COD4 I just can't let go, its by far the best game i've played on a console, got that with christmas monies!, well spent!

Traditional retail will always be more expensive because of the costs involved in the business as I illustrated before but from time to time we do like to offer a big loss leader ( Halo 3 , GTA IV ) as its good publicity for the shop but it enthuses customers who come in our shop week in week out and we do like to reward loyalty.

I didn't realise they were loss leaders, thought maybe they were break even, but either way its a very good price, Play.com by comparison is charging £39.99, sometimes they send the games out earlier than the realise dates, but half the time you have to wait 2-3 days, so its a lot easier just to go into a local shop (and in this instance cheaper too!)

We do have xbox live subscriptions in , the website causes me nothing but aggro as I do try and stay on top of maintaining the product list but tbh not many people purchase from the site even though it is quite busy , generally they look on the site for bits and pieces and then if its not on there they email or pop in store.

I know a few places don't bother stocking the 3 month codes so thats good, If I had the option i'd buy a stack of 48hr codes though as sometimes its weeks before I have a go on my xbox.

Because i'm expecting it to be nothing but hassle, i'd rather wait till monday and buy a card.

Hassle? You can just go on xbox.com, enter your cc and buy the sub, that's it. You can also buy points the same way. Certainly no more hassle than typing a sub card code in.

Archived