High Tide - Sawmill Car Park Flooding

Jimcalagon

High tide today was at 1 o'clock - the water level was about a foot below the road level on North Quay but seemed to be overflowing into Lake Road near Tescos and a number of cars parked next to the river wall in the old steam sawmill carpark (most notably a red mini) had water lapping around their doorsills, which is why I've moved mine to Tesco's carpark for an hour or two.

High tide today was at 1 o'clock - the water level was about a foot below the road level on North Quay but seemed to be overflowing into Lake Road near Tescos and a number of cars parked next to the river wall in the old steam sawmill carpark (most notably a red mini) had water lapping around their doorsills, which is why I've moved mine to Tesco's carpark for an hour or two.

Lots of water going onto the road by the war memorial.

I like it when I don't even have to get up to get pics :)

More digger trouble then - another MF Exclusive:

f01.jpg

f02.jpg

f03.jpg

f04.jpg

f06.jpg

(insert "silly place to build apartments anyway" comment here)

Bit of flooding on the other side as well

f07.jpg

f05.jpg

and just in case you're one of the peeps parking down there - the cars seem safe and dry. From here anyway..

IMGP7255.jpg

(insert "silly place to put a carpark anyway" comment here)

I wonder if Dandara could use these shots in their publicity brochures? Underground car park anyone?

You'd have thought they'd have at least made a bit more effort to move that piling rig out of harms way...

All of the underground car parks on the prom are below the hightide line aren't they? I know at least one of them has flooded in the past but still, it's something that can be done successfully when done right.

and just in case you're one of the peeps parking down there - the cars seem safe and dry. From here anyway..

IMGP7255.jpg

(insert "silly place to put a carpark anyway" comment here)

The ones that were in about a foot of water are the ones right up against the river side wall. The water has sunsided now - I can tell from your picture that it was after the water subsided because my car is in the picture and I only moved it back from Tesco's after 2-ish. At the peak of high tide - 1pm - the water was touching the wheels of the cars in the second row back. There is still a sizable pool in parts along the wall.

A friend of mine who was parked up against the wall had to get one of the workmen from the site next door with wellies on to move her car out of the water.

Oh, and my mistake above, it was a silver mini, not red.

Archived