Not Just A Grape - This Is A £300k M&s Grape

Amadeus

Having read this story I have no pity for the bloke. In fact all the way through, the words 'what a twat' kept nagging me.

How can you suffer with low self esteem for slipping on a grape?

Marksies should counter sue him for degrading their floor space and also for reckless lack of looking where he was going.

Bah!

Man sues M&S for £300K over grape

/off to tesco - must have a look at their fruit department. Hope I don't slip :ph34r:

This also happened to someone I know, they slipped on a grape in the local Tesco. They were off work for a couple of days with a bad back but I was glad they didn't get all stupid and greedy and try to sue Tescos.

They should stomp on all this suing for silly bloody reasons.

The one that really cracks me up though is the advert with that 50 odd year old bloke saying 'I was given the wrong type of ladder' (and got £12K). FFS!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...don/7292657.stm

Man loses grape case.

Excellent news! Not only did he lose but it cost him £15k for the trouble!

Not that i'm in favour of big faceless corporations but he really was being a bit of a twat! :lol:

Whilst expressing sympathy for the claimant Deputy Judge John Leighton Williams QC said: "I am afraid I am unable to find for him on the evidence."

He said: "In my judgment it is one of those accidents that could happen to any one of us."

If only we could hear judges say that a lot more often!

Not that i'm in favour of big faceless corporations but he really was being a bit of a twat! :lol:

That's just sour grapes...

That's just sour grapes...

M&S stars in "The Grape Escape".

Inflation has already brought the cost up to £20k. He should have used one of those "No win, no pay" outfits to take the case (but perhaps they had all refused to represent the plonker).

Quote from Reuters website -

""In my judgment it was one of those accidents that could happen to anyone," the judge said.

Martin-Sklan, who represented himself in the case, was ordered to pay the retailer's legal fees of nearly 20,000 pounds. He refused to comment after the judgment."

Archived