Power Outage In Ramsey

steven !

Manx Radio has just reported on a "Power outage in Ramsey".

I remember a few years back there was a similar occurrence in Douglas and someone off the forums even produced a commemoration song about it.

It used to be called a Power Failure, but of course in these days of 'everyone is a winner' maybe the word 'failure' is considered not very Politically Correct.

I was up at the Cottage Hospital having physio at the time so noticed bugger all but found a text from my son at Ramsey Grammar when I got home saying (verbatim) "Woofrigginghoo - leccy is of(sic) in Ramsey - do u fink we can cum home?"

The killer? He was in an English lesson when he wrote it :(

Manx Radio has just reported on a "Power outage in Ramsey".

It's back on now....It'd have to be a short song.

The power cut I was on about hit the whole of Douglas, and that only got a short song anyway. You know, a bit like how events used to be recorded in folk music.

Anyway, here is the clip, and the interviewee breaks out into song about the second half of the interview. The composer/compiler was loaf, who unfortunately doesn't appear much on the forums these days.

We_were_001_32ST.mp3

Its so nice that schools these days have a no mobile phone policy.

I would hope that you would support your childs school by NOT letting him take his mobile to school in the future.

I'd suspect that most parents would have more important things to do that search their 15 year old kids for phones before they let them out of the house in the mornings....

Kids are actually allowed to take their mobiles to school nowadays, as long as they are on silent and do not disrupt classes. And Flis is right, I have actually got better things to do at the moment, like actually being able to get out of bed with my son's help. Having a prolapsed spinal disk and being a single parent is not the easiest situation to be in.

Its so nice that schools these days have a no mobile phone policy.

I would hope that you would support your childs school by NOT letting him take his mobile to school in the future.

I'd suspect that most parents would have more important things to do that search their 15 year old kids for phones before they let them out of the house in the mornings....

And then blame the school when their little darling appears on youtube getting their head kicked in in the playground.

Archived