[BBC News] Island 'one of best' for walking

Newsbot

Tourism and Leisure Minister Adrian Earnshaw said: "This great announcement has come as no surprise to me as walking is ideally suited to what our island has to offer

Yes there is so little you can do that even walking sounds exciting.

I wonder how pissed off all these walkers are going to be to find we are not in Great Britain at all. There's only so far you can walk up Morcambe Bay before ending up with the cockle pickers!

I walk a lot and the island is a great place to walk - as long as you don't mind putting yourself at the mercy of the glut of ignorant petrolheads we have over here.

I love to walk, to my enormous 4x4. then chain my 10 stone dog in the back, drive to a beauty spot and let my dog crap everywhere

The Isle of Man is named one of the best places for walking in Great Britain in Walk magazine.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7300701.stm

Great Britain is the largest of the British Isles and is made up of Scotland, England and Wales.

It is not to be confused with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Also not to be confused with the British Isles (of which the Isle of Man is part)

I don't think we should be mentioned in that magazine except as an exotic destination.

Could have severe consequences if people try to walk here from Great Britain.

Jeebus! Earnshaw will probably try it. With Easter coming up, before 'he' found the money to fix it - I heard the Ramsey lot were all up for crucifying him on an MER pole.

4.jpg

Archived