Iron Maiden...

Miss Take

Eek, have agreed to go to the Iron Maiden gig at Twickenham in July. I do like a lot of hard rock / metal music but have never really gotten into the Maiden. What album should I start with to bone up on them?

Maiden and me have never got along despite their massive influence on a lot of the music I like.

This is the setlist from their gig at the end of February to give you an indication of the songs they are likely to play. Setlists only generally vary by two or three songs over the course of a tour. This might give you some pointers on which to become familiar with.

1. Intro (Churchill Speech)

02. Aces High

03. 2 Minutes To Midnight

04. Revelations

05. The Trooper

06. Wasted Years

07. The Number Of The Beast

08. Can I Play With Madness

09. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

10. Powerslave

11. Heaven Can Wait

12. Run To The Hills

13. Fear Of The Dark

14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Moonchild

16. The Clairvoyant

17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

This is the 90's only tour isn't it? Looks amazing.

Listen to Powerslave, Number of the Beast, Wasted Years and 7th Sun albums, and you'll be sorted for some sing along action.

Given that they're all 80's albums, I'm going to assume you mean the 80's tour...

Brucey is great and was the final peice to make Maiden the all conquering force they were/are... but Iron Maiden (self titled album) and Killers with Paul Di'anno (sp?) are still my fav's... Remember Tomorrow and Wrathchild.. fecking brilliant!

ha! I was having a bit of an "old skool nostalgia" moment last saturday and bought "Live after Death" which is pretty much the playlist ans posted earlier, except for a couple of the later ones such as "fear of the dark" and "moonchild"

So wrong, yet so right..... i played it in the car this morning and got to work more quickly than expected...... ;) must have been less traffic or something...

Archived