Sailings This Weekend

When Skies Are Grey

From the IOMSPCo web site

Potential Disruption to Sailings due to Severe Weather

The current weather forecast indicates a risk of north westerly gale 8 to severe gale 9 on Thursday (20th March) into Friday (21st March) which will possibly cause disruption or cancellation to Viking’s sailings to and from Liverpool, Belfast and Dublin.

There is also the possibility of disruption or cancellation to the Thursday evening 19:45 hours / Friday morning 0215 hours Ben-My-Chree sailing.

For Further information please contact our reservations centre on 0871 2221333 or 01624 661661

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you swapped dude?

a heavily pregnant Mrs WSAG

will need a medical certificate to fly, so check that your GP will write one before you book!

She's got a few weeks left before she passes the flying cut off.....but thanks for the heads up. She may difficulty squeezing through the turnstiles on Saturday though (sorry love :D )

I'm on tomorrow morning's sailing on the ben which looks like it might be a bit bumpy too - and I'm not a good sailor (despite having a father and grandfather who were in the merchant navy) . Why don't the government pull their fingers out and get a tunnel built? ;)

I'm meant to be sailing on Friday :angry: Would they just let me swap from Fridays sailing to tomorrow mornings instead?

I'm booked on the Viking on Friday night. Saw the message on t'internet earlier so rang the Steam Packet to try and swap. They'll change your booking - but it'll cost £47

They'll change your booking - but it'll cost £47

£47 Thats scandalous. If there is room on the boat it shouldn't cost anything, at most a fiver for someone to add your name to the passenger log for that sailing on a computer.

They'll change your booking - but it'll cost £47

£47 Thats scandalous. If there is room on the boat it shouldn't cost anything, at most a fiver for someone to add your name to the passenger log for that sailing on a computer.

Tell me about it. The fella I spoke to said that if it ended up getting cancelled I might have a chance of getting the money back through customer services. I asked him what happened if I didn't change the sailing and it was cancelled anyway to be told that they'll change it for nothing if that happens. I think I'll take that option!

I'm meant to be sailing on Friday :angry: Would they just let me swap from Fridays sailing to tomorrow mornings instead?

I'm booked on the Viking on Friday night. Saw the message on t'internet earlier so rang the Steam Packet to try and swap. They'll change your booking - but it'll cost £47

I just turned up this morning and asked to be put on this mornings sailing instead, which they did..for free ;)

Archived