Mr+

manxmedia

Someone told me when I started that I'd go nuts after 2 years. It's five this autumn...and I still can't think of anything I'd rather do (except be Dave Gilmour or Lewis Hamilton).
Both yourself and Dave Gilmour are doing a fine job. Place reserved for you in the local looney bin, bed next to mine !

I think we've gone off piste here.

I still say that the MR+ jamboree is a waste of tax payers money, it won't last, it's not innovative or new and it's a pile of wank.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Mr Sex,

The MR+ site is launcing today at 12pm!

Thankyou for pre-registering for MR+, you can access the site from today

at http://www.manxradio.com/mrplus/index.aspx

Please take the time to log-in and have a look

around The Island's Biggest Club.

Due to a technical glitch some pre-registered users who signed up befire 26th March

may not be able to log-on with the passwords that they chose when registering.

If you have difficulty logging in to MR+ please visit

http://www.manxradio.com/mrplus/passwordreset.aspx

where you can reset your password by entering your email surname and postcode.

Many Thanks,

The MR+ Team

Ace security there, I know lots of peoples email, surname and postcode. It doesn't even send you the password to the email address, it lets you reset it. Braindead. Fortunately it doesn't really need to be secure, as it's just a discount card :)

I was laughing at Stu and his "don't call it a discount card" on Mandate this morning and Marsden trying to explain what it was without using the word "discount". Apparently it's some sort of enhanced experience loyalty card :D

I'm also looking forward to getting great discounts with my new MR+ card that arrived in the mail (with expensive stamp, envelope and very nice colour letterhead as well as the plastic card). It seems you don't even have to live in IoM to get the card and get these great discounts (and even robots can sign up too). If it's as good as they say it's going to be, I can see MR+ being a worldwide phenomenon. :) Yipeee.

Bless. It's all up now. You can listen to companies adverts whenever you like! And send them a message! You can even view their opening times. It's just like the companies own website, but yellower!

Logged in, and I can't find a single thing that stops it from being a discount card. It's a card, that gives discounts. It doesn't appear to do anything else?

Having had a cursory look without signing in it seems you get a discount if you use the card.

Who'd have guessed it?

eg

Bar George 10% offer

Special Offer

Use your MR+ card when you book and pay in advance for any of our listed events and receive a 10% discount

and

Islandbooks

10% Discount

Special Offer

All MR+ Cardholders will receive 10% from their in store purchase.

10% Discount

Special Offer

All MR+ Cardholders will receive 10% from their in store purchase.[/i]

Yep, which makes me think that store is simply 10% overpriced.

Some of them are hilariously convoluted too. Get a free pot of tea if you order noodles on a saturday while wearing a yellow tie for men with a beard.

Bless. It's all up now. You can listen to companies adverts whenever you like! And send them a message! You can even view their opening times. It's just like the companies own website, but yellower!

Well that truly is revolutionary.

I'm registering right now. I can't wait to listen to adverts whenever I like

Yep, which makes me think that store is simply 10% overpriced.

Yeah, I was thinking if that they're obviously into giving 10% discount you could just ask for it without having the card and say that you'll buy elsewhere if you don't get the discount.

I'm registering right now. I can't wait to listen to adverts whenever I like

You don't have to register of sign in to hear the ads, opening times etc. and picking one company at random I get a 404 error following the link to their homepage

i could care less about loyalty cards,

what features does this new service actually do?

BBC have Iplayer yet there is still no downloads service for listen again for sporting events especially TT races.

if they could put together and archive of all their old broadcasts they could make mint!

I look for ward to meeting any of you in Bar George to take advantage of your MR+ offer (it's not a discount card by the way) but you will have to join to find out what the offer is - - and its FREE!

Regards

John Marsom

Business Director

Manx Radio

johnmarsom@manxradio.com

Well John, it looks like you were talking bull. You can't meet me to take advantage of my MR+ offer in Bar George, because there isn't any. And I don't have to join to find out what the offer is, it's listed here and visable to all.

And it is a discount card.

Logged in, and I can't find a single thing that stops it from being a discount card. It's a card, that gives discounts. It doesn't appear to do anything else?

It also offers a chatroom (closed).

You also get the enhanced experienced loyalty members access to the MR playlist (so you can see what to avoid).

Aside from the clunky web design, it might have possibilities.

First they are getting discounts. MF could have negotiated same 10% discounts for members - but didn't. (a missed opportunity?). Having address verified membership might lead to offering a rival type auction/classified section (hopefully at zero cost). They could even offer forums like MF - an easy step. If they did, then hype aside, consider how MF might compare with MR+.

And I don't have to join to find out what the offer is, it's listed here and visable to all.

I wondered if that was a mistake or not.

Most links take you to the sign up page, but you can view the company page and see what offers, if any, each company has.

Archived