Mr+

manxmedia

It doesn't even send you the password to the email address, it lets you reset it. Braindead.

Agreed, pathetic security - you can then go straight into the website without having to do anything else.

Not a very user friendly website - needs a bit of negotiating. I can't see anything from first glance that makes me want to jump at any of the "incentives". Seems to work like a discount card at the suppliers, on what they want to get rid of.

Some of the discounts were already available, so not a lot of innovation so far.

I'll see how it beds in...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this one: "G.V.Design MR+ cardholder - Free dishwasher or Oven + 10% OFF"

I'm not so bothered about the 10% off, I've already got a decent kitchen and bathroom - but I'll happily swing by Laxey later and claim a FREE dishwasher. I wonder how many they've got... knowing my luck they'll all have gone before I get out of work.

How do "not a discount card" and "Make every daya sale day" work together??

I'd love to see the webstats. I can imagine the marketing boys running round to all the signed up advertisiers next week talking about the massive number of "hits" (pointless web stat anyway, give me page visits or unique sessions" they've had since launch.

I'd put money on there being less than 25% of that web traffic in a month.

Incidentaly I spoke to a sales guy from MR who proudly told me that Manxradio.com gets over 1 million hits a week and was genuinley using this as a sales tool

No Privacy Policy, no disclaimer, no terms & conditions.

I haven't signed up, but do they give any statements about your personal details? Any email marketing opt out? Can you delete yourself off the list if you don't want to be part of it anymore?

I haven't signed up, but do they give any statements about your personal details? Any email marketing opt out? Can you delete yourself off the list if you don't want to be part of it anymore?

I signed up - looking forward to a decent internet offer from Manx.net.

I was struck by that too. Together with launch pages themselves security issues etc. etc. it seems a bit like the dev has been a bit of an amateur job. My guess is that covered under Data Protection Act - but the protection that gives is pretty limited - it seems they can still sell you data, just not for use for direct marketing and mailshots. (but there's lots of other uses).

I spoke to a sales guy from MR who proudly told me that Manxradio.com gets over 1 million hits a week and was genuinley using this as a sales tool

I log into Manxradio.com at least once a day, but only to look at the webcam! I think quite a few others do too - watching the ferries come and go. Hardly a quality set of stats for a salesman!

I spoke to a sales guy from MR who proudly told me that Manxradio.com gets over 1 million hits a week and was genuinley using this as a sales tool

I log into Manxradio.com at least once a day, but only to look at the webcam! I think quite a few others do too - watching the ferries come and go. Hardly a quality set of stats for a salesman!

Probably webbots such as Yahoo! Slurp Spider & his mates.

It's amazing to have followed this now for 11 pages - but this evening I've gone back to the beginning and re-read it all.

Two things strike me:-

1, what is wrong with a Discount Card anyway. Discounts = Good, surely?

2, John Marsom looking forward to seeing everyone at Bar George taking advantage of their MR+ card - even though Bar George don't seem to have an offer available. Priceless.

Actually the word "Priceless" makes me think...

The pathetic excuse of radio radio station - £10 per year;

A BBC service from the UK - £134 per year;

One badly worded letter from the IOM's BIGGEST club - Free of charge;

A non-existent "enhanced experience" at Bar George - PRICELESS.

For everything else - there's MR+ !!!!

I BET THE PEOPLE AT MASTERCARD ARE SH*TTING THEMSELVES

Does that mean if you looked at the same webcams BUT via the DOT website, MR could go under!

It's amazing to have followed this now for 11 pages - but this evening I've gone back to the beginning and re-read it all.

Two things strike me:-

1, what is wrong with a Discount Card anyway. Discounts = Good, surely?

2, John Marsom looking forward to seeing everyone at Bar George taking advantage of their MR+ card - even though Bar George don't seem to have an offer available. Priceless.

Actually the word "Priceless" makes me think...

The pathetic excuse of radio radio station - £10 per year;

A BBC service from the UK - £134 per year;

One badly worded letter from the IOM's BIGGEST club - Free of charge;

A non-existent "enhanced experience" at Bar George - PRICELESS.

For everything else - there's MR+ !!!!

I BET THE PEOPLE AT MASTERCARD ARE SH*TTING THEMSELVES

I'm confused. Bar George's offer is "Use your MR+ card when you book and pay in advance for any of our listed events and receive a 10% discount"

It's on their area on there, if I can see it, what's up with you lot?

I'm confused. Bar George's offer is "Use your MR+ card when you book and pay in advance for any of our listed events and receive a 10% discount"

How are you confused. There are no listed events!!

"No Events scheduled at the moment, please check back soon!"

The whole thing is pants. I feel sorry for the people who have paid money to be involved in it. They are set for months of people asking why they can't have the same "offers" just because they don't have a card, and why they can't just have the money off rather than free stuff they don't want.

Crap like "the islands biggest club" with nothing to back it up just really winds me up. Trading standards should be straight onto them

I'm confused, what about point 3 in one of your earlier posts.

3) It is NOT a discount card, nor is it entirely correct to be calling it a "loyalty card". It looks to me to be what is widely known in the marketing business at this stage to be a Privilege Card. Exactly what that will mean for each of the companies signing up, I would imagine, will be up to them, be that something free or a discount etc.

If I can see it, what's up with you?

Archived