Mr+

manxmedia

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must be lovely sitting in a bucket criticising anyone who wants to try to add value to anything, and without any real knowledge of what it is you're criticising

Loyalty cards all have the same basic business model, so it's not likely to be any surprise: collecting data, and mining value from that data (profitably).

Maybe fair enough to point out that this is without real knowledge to be able to fully criticise it, mainly because IoM Data Protection Act seems a bit vague in some respects. Arguably there's no real knowledge as to how this data might be used (other than some limits, such as not being for 'Direct Marketing'). Can we expect full disclosure of exactly how this data will be used? I doubt it. Hence seems fair enough to criticise it for not having any real knowledge about it.

BTW, rather than saying the critics are 'sitting in a bucket', I think in MR+ speak it's called a customer segmentation analysis cluster - but it's the same idea.

Loyalty cards all have the same basic business model, so it's not likely to be any surprise: collecting data, and mining value from that data (profitably).

I'm guessing this is a discount card, not a loyalty card. It'll be something MR sales goons will be trying to flog to advertisers most likely, 'advertise on MR and drive sales through the unique MR+ card, they'll be beating your door down. Only available to our special customers who advertise on MR'. Then you'll get adds on MR that say 'Show your MR+ card at Robinsons and you'll get a free apple' or something. It'll last a few months, then nobody will be arsed because the utilisation will be pitiful.

A loyalty card that does data mining will require some sort of scanner in lots of different shops, which simply wont happen.

Nice to see another wonderfully supportive thread.

This sort of idea is a good 25 years behind the times, so it's ideal for the IOM. Seriously - good luck.

I wonder whether anyone on the forums gets utterly sick of one or two 'Hot Jocks' who think it's clever to talk over the music? Bring back flogging please.

And as for those wretched adverts from Millichaps at the start of the records on the morning show - I vow never, ever, ever to buy anything from them ever again. Ever! B*******s ruining the mroning music while I'm in the shower.

Stu for president - at least he likes music even if he is a come-over :unsure: . At least he's the right age-range.

I hope you have all remembered to register early for MR+. Otherwise, you might have missed-out on a once in a lifetime opportunity to obtain a free "Goody-Bag" containing a Manx Radio pen,mug, mouse-mat, fridge-magnet, and a book which, according to the Brindley Brat, has a picture of the Brindley Brat.

(You could always cut it out and pin it to the front of your dart-board!)

Deffo a discount card then:

Once you have activated your account we will send you your MR+ Card, so that you can begin enjoying exclusive special offers ahead of the crowd!

By signing up now, you will be the first to be contacted when the MR+ site launches, and be alerted to the latest special offers.

Always puts me off shops this kind of thing. If they can afford to give a 10% discount to card holders, why don't they lower their price for everyone?

Any cynics fancy a stab at the offers? Visible 'partners' are Java Lounge, Conister, Bigfish, and Morrison Photos.

Here's mine:

Java Lounge: Free Bikky for MR card holders!

Conister: One month interest free for MR card holders!

Bigfish: A free ipod sock with any purchase!

Morrison Photos: A free roll of film!

Nice to see another wonderfully supportive thread.

Must be lovely sitting in a bucket criticising anyone who wants to try to add value to anything, and without any real knowledge of what it is you're criticising (I think it's only going live this weekend).

How does a crappy loyalty card for a second rate Government supported radio station add value?

I'm sure the money could be better spent getting some decent presenters, and get rid of that annoying twat called Brindley. His attempts at humour are as funny as a kick in the bollocks.

I'm sure the money could be better spent getting some decent presenters, and get rid of that annoying twat called Brindley. His attempts at humour are as funny as a kick in the bollocks.

The presenters are fine, some just need a course in 'how not to talk over the music - it's not trendy' and it'll be OK.

How does a crappy loyalty card for a second rate Government supported radio station add value?

Ah, more constructive criticism.

Ah, more constructive criticism.

This isn't criticism...merely true observations and facts.

The tax payer's money could be better spent, Brindley is an annoying twat and his attempts at humour are puerile.

I (and several others, too, apparently!) feel that a suggestion to get rid of Brindley is VERY constructive criticism.

Alex is not bad *and* he's possibly the only local on during the daytime (thinks: Chris W. is from London, Stu P. is a well-hard Mancunian, etc.).

leave Alex alone, even though he does have a crush on Cher :P

Archived