Mr+

manxmedia

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to the tie in between Manx Radio and the Railway?

A couple of Manx Radio’s management appeared to have invested heavily in trying to turn the Railway into a hangout for certain MR personal who liked their drink, (possibly, as it turned out a little too much.) It must have seemed a fantastic idea to have their own pub and make it a celebrity shrine at the same time, remember all those pictures with DJ cheesy grins. All those pub games and Brindley playing music on a Saturday night! A plasma screen showing DJ’s on air plus the chance to “text the screen”.

Eventually the venture seemed to end and the MR team turned their attention to the pub across the road. I believe that also ended and a night club near the sea terminal became the next establishment to have Manx Radio stickers inserted in their windows. Remember when MR ran “meet the DJ’s” nights. How funny it was to see little old ladies coming in and being greeted with load pop music!

I don't care what advantages any of these cards have, I'm never going to carry one. Every time I'm in the Co-op, Tesco, Boots, Shoprite etc they ask "Do you have a clubcard" (or whatever it is). No. I just want my stuff, and then I want to go. Whatever is on offer can't be worth the hassle of carrying multiple cards around. I've got enough things to keep track of without all that.

I don't care what advantages any of these cards have, I'm never going to carry one. Every time I'm in the Co-op, Tesco, Boots, Shoprite etc they ask "Do you have a clubcard" (or whatever it is). No. I just want my stuff, and then I want to go. Whatever is on offer can't be worth the hassle of carrying multiple cards around. I've got enough things to keep track of without all that.

The Tesco card is worth using. The points earned can be used as money - off your future shopping.

What happened to the tie in between Manx Radio and the Railway?

A couple of Manx Radio’s management appeared to have invested heavily in trying to turn the Railway into a hangout for It must have seemed a fantastic idea to have their own pub and make it a celebrity shrine at the same time, remember all those pictures with DJ cheesy grins. All those pub games and Brindley playing music on a Saturday night! A plasma screen showing DJ’s on air plus the chance to “text the screen”.

I feel the same in the Sefton; who wants to have a night out AND watch Norman Wisdom films? It does not compute.

As for Brindley - as Eric Idle said in Monty Pythons Life of Brian - crucifixion's too good for 'im (just a little easter sunday joke :lol: ).

I won't breach forum rules by 'outing' manxmedia - but I think people might better understand his motivation in regularly posting inflamatory anti-MR comments and attacks on me personally if he had the moral backbone to come clean about his identity. I expect a few people have twigged who he is, but the majority here probably haven't.

Similarly, I won't dignify his posts with a reply unless he's prepared to be challenged on his own recent history. I'd quite welcome a forum slugfest, but not with one arm tied behind my back while he hides behind a skirt tail of anonymity.

Come on manxmedia - grow a pair.

Time will tell, but I'd quite happily put my house on the fact that it won't be around this time next year.

Quoted for first claim on your house this time next year.

wonder if they'll stick that in the accounts marked 'assets'? err 1 random house to be claimed in 12 months time- value unknown!

I won't breach forum rules by 'outing' manxmedia - but I think people might better understand his motivation in regularly posting inflamatory anti-MR comments and attacks on me personally if he had the moral backbone to come clean about his identity. I expect a few people have twigged who he is, but the majority here probably haven't.

I thought it was obvious - "Manxmedia" is hardly an attempt to hide who you are is it? Whilst I wouldn't condone personal attacks on you Stu at the end of the day most of what was posted seems in line with what other people have said about their Manx Radio experience.

I thought it was obvious - "Manxmedia" is hardly an attempt to hide who you are is it? Whilst I wouldn't condone personal attacks on you Stu at the end of the day most of what was posted seems in line with what other people have said about their Manx Radio experience.

Its not that obvious who manxmedia is, is it? Its been driving me mad thinking who it is.

Manx Radio discount card has started to be advertised MR+. Offering all sorts of money saving ideas.

I wonder what Energy & 3FM think of it. Questions in Parliament???

How much must it cost in administration to run a loyalty card scheme?

Well someone once said that there is no such thing as bad PR so I thank you all for the numerous posts on here reffering to the MR+ scheme that Manx Radio is about to launch on April 4th. One thing that strikes me is that no one posting comments realy has any idea of what the MR+ scheme will deliver you or what its all about. Maybe you should join and find out - if you don't want to then thats fine..................

MR+ is one of the most innovative products to be designed for web / radio and print media in a long time. It was wholly designed within Manx Radio and many of my staff have worked exceptionally hard to bring it to reality. It will benefit not only listeners but also businesses rght across the Island, some of whome would never have the chance of engaging with the Islands most powerful Island media (check RAJAR and manxradio.com web stats). You should be proud that the National Broadcaster is credited with bringing new and innovative products to market that will help the Island prosper.

In the 4 years that I have worked at the station, Manx Radio has transformed it's self into one of the most respected broadcasters in the British Isles and won awards in doing so. We have some of the very best talent working for us in UK radio - if it is not to your taste thaen thats fine - you have a dial on your radio..........

This is only the second time in 4 years that I have posted a comment on the forums - the first when I was accused of "Bribing clients" which was unfounded. I would encourage you to support your National Broadcaster and be proud of the fact that innovative ideas such as MR+ keep your contribution to running the ststion to less than £10 a year per head of population on the Island. Speaking to Chris Williams the other day he said maybe we should turn the transmitters off for 24 hours and see what happens! Manx Radio is the Islands life line regarding everything that happens on the Isle of Man - maybe a few of you should come to the station and see what everyone does to provide some of the best content in radio today.

In the mean time if you would like to "slag" presenters then maybe you should consider getting up at 4 in the morning and working all day after presenting a great show. The world of presentation is not as easy as you might think but it is one that my colleagues choose to do for the love of the art. As I said earlier you have a dial on your radio that allows you freedom of choice regarding what you listen to.

I look for ward to meeting any of you in Bar George to take advantage of your MR+ offer (it's not a discount card by the way) but you will have to join to find out what the offer is - - and its FREE!

Regards

John Marsom

Business Director

Manx Radio

johnmarsom@manxradio.com

Archived