Mr+

manxmedia

Speaking to Chris Williams the other day he said maybe we should turn the transmitters off for 24 hours and see what happens!

I think you'd both be surprised. Why don't you give it a try.

Seconded. Go on, give it a try. Please give it a try.

Of course, we all know that it's just talk by the both of you, but that's what radio presenters do, isn't it?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we have it straight from the mouth of MR's marketing manager. ;)

Funny. Posted this yesterday and surprise surprise "effervesce" - who knows an awful lot about this mysterious product that has not been launched - has been online for ages watching this thread alongside Mr Marsom. Funny that. You still holding by the agrument you have no connection with MR?

Edited, I'm not suggesting your both the same person but I am suggesting it would appear to be fine for some people to be outed and not others.

Ooh I thought there was more to this than did meet the eye....I bee'd right as usual. Who is it? A rival off another station? or perhaps it's Suzi Richardson on crack?

Fair play to you Stu, you've always represented yourself and not hid behind a nickname. If manxmedia really is from a rival station, he needs to get some bollocks and put his name next to his accusations.

My guess is his surname rhyms with 'learner' :)

For what it's worth, I think it's perfectly acceptable that Manx Radio is partly funded by the government, same as I'm in favour of the BBC continuing to draw a license fee. I think the benefits are good value for the money.

I still recon a discount card is a bloody stupid idea though! There was more info on air about it today, an apparently 'exclusive' club. Exclusive in an open to all kind of way apparently.

For what it's worth, I think it's perfectly acceptable that Manx Radio is partly funded by the government,

True, who else would cover a plastic duck race live on radio? I almost felt sorry for Chris Williams and his attempt to make it sound interesting on radio

Here we have it straight from the mouth of MR's marketing manager. ;)

Funny. Posted this yesterday and surprise surprise "effervesce" - who knows an awful lot about this mysterious product that has not been launched - has been online for ages watching this thread alongside Mr Marsom. Funny that. You still holding by the agrument you have no connection with MR?

Edited, I'm not suggesting your both the same person but I am suggesting it would appear to be fine for some people to be outed and not others.

Awful lot of assumptions there. Why is it that someone cannot comment in the positive vein without being attributed to MR?

Who says I'm not a client of MR whom has been shown the product?

Again, referring back to my earlier posts, there's an awful lot of opinion based on an awful lack of fact.

Again, Slim, Mr Marsom himself has said it is NOT a discount card. Why is this so hard to understand? I know I have said that it can deliver a discount in some establishments, if they choose to do so, but that doesnt make it a discount card by definition does it? That makes it more of a flexible friend.

Ooh I thought there was more to this than did meet the eye....I bee'd right as usual. Who is it? A rival off another station? or perhaps it's Suzi Richardson on crack?

Fair play to you Stu, you've always represented yourself and not hid behind a nickname. If manxmedia really is from a rival station, he needs to get some bollocks and put his name next to his accusations.

My guess is his surname rhyms with 'learner' :)

For what it's worth, I think it's perfectly acceptable that Manx Radio is partly funded by the government, same as I'm in favour of the BBC continuing to draw a license fee. I think the benefits are good value for the money.

I still recon a discount card is a bloody stupid idea though! There was more info on air about it today, an apparently 'exclusive' club. Exclusive in an open to all kind of way apparently.

If manxmedia is the aforementioned "Mr Learner" then no wonder his post stated "questions in parliament". Nearly all news items carried on Energyfm on air and on website are government/parliament based stories. Strange though.......didnt think "Mr Learner" could spell......

;)

'effervesce' date='Mar 23 2008, 10:31 PM' post='311420']

Why is it that someone cannot comment in the positive vein without being attributed to MR?

Poor defence

Who says I'm not a client of MR whom has been shown the product?

Well are you?

Again, referring back to my earlier posts, there's an awful lot of opinion based on an awful lack of fact.

You seem to know the facts nobody else does.

I know I have said that it can deliver a discount in some establishments, if they choose to do so, but that doesnt make it a discount card by definition does it? That makes it more of a flexible friend.

You know a lot about this card and what it is and what it is not, so i repeat my question?

Why is it that someone cannot comment in the positive vein without being attributed to MR?

I think people are suspicious because you've been reading these forums for a year and yet all of your posts have been in this one thread and are generally supportive of MR+

Awful lot of assumptions there. Why is it that someone cannot comment in the positive vein without being attributed to MR?

I can tell you're obviously new around here :rolleyes:

What next? Positive threads about the Steam Packet and the smoking ban? Come on - we have certain standards to adhere to here, you know :)

What next? Positive threads about the Steam Packet and the smoking ban? Come on - we have certain standards to adhere to here, you know :)

So I see! maybe next time I'll slag MR off.....ffs you're a hard lot

So answer the question .. your connection is?

If everybody wanted everyone to know who they were then we wouldnt all have handles would we "localyokel"? Play the game and play it fair........even "Mr Learner" knows that rule ;)

Well someone once said that there is no such thing as bad PR so I thank you all for the numerous posts on here reffering to the MR+ scheme that Manx Radio is about to launch on April 4th. One thing that strikes me is that no one posting comments realy has any idea of what the MR+ scheme will deliver you or what its all about. Maybe you should join and find out - if you don't want to then thats fine..................

Like I said, if you don't want speculation, don't pull stupid teaser stunts. All the stuff on air today was in line with it being a discount card. You can call it an exclusive club all you like, if it's a card that gives discounts, it's a discount card, and there's fek all innovative about that.

MR+ is one of the most innovative products to be designed for web / radio and print media in a long time. It was wholly designed within Manx Radio and many of my staff have worked exceptionally hard to bring it to reality. It will benefit not only listeners but also businesses rght across the Island, some of whome would never have the chance of engaging with the Islands most powerful Island media (check RAJAR and manxradio.com web stats). You should be proud that the National Broadcaster is credited with bringing new and innovative products to market that will help the Island prosper.

According to Alexa, iomtoday is ranked considerably higher. Proud? The only thing I've seen/heard is some soft teaser ads and an offer of 50 free mugs. Innovative? You really believe that?

Again, Slim, Mr Marsom himself has said it is NOT a discount card. Why is this so hard to understand? I know I have said that it can deliver a discount in some establishments, if they choose to do so, but that doesnt make it a discount card by definition does it? That makes it more of a flexible friend.

Again, effervesce, until I have one, and while I'm bombarded with teaser advertising, I'm going to speculate. And as this card looks like a number of cards we've seen before, so I'm speculating it's a discount card. Dress it up however you like as an 'exclusive' members club with a portal on manx radios website, whatever. If it gives me a free glass of wine with a meal somewhere, or extra roses from robinsons, it's a discount card, and we've seen em before, and we've seen em fail before.

Happy to be proved wrong once the thing's out.

Just checked, and this site has a higher traffic rank than manxradio.com, so does that make us the most powerful media empire on the rock? :)

If everybody wanted everyone to know who they were then we wouldnt all have handles would we "localyokel"? Play the game and play it fair........even "Mr Learner" knows that rule ;)

Thanks for answering my question. Clearly one rule for MR connected people and one rule for others in terms of shielding identities. Didn't ask you who you were just whether you were connected with MR? You refused and yet referred to a mysterious "Mr Learner" who appears to support a rival staion (Poor. Very poor in my view)

Archived