Poor Pubs

Port Erin

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only they could find something to cover the smell of farts now. Sometimes I really miss smoke!

Its an embarrassing problem and I'm sure you don't want your friends to treat you as a social outcast. Have you tried wearing heavier perfume plastic underpants ;)

Fixed your post, hope you don't mind.

Maybe this is something that Stu Peters could look into.

Are Tynwald about to do a U Turn on smoking in Pubs after pressure from the Brewery, thus allowing some public houses that have the facility to have internal designated smoke room open.

Are Tynwald about to do a U Turn on smoking in Pubs after pressure from the Brewery, thus allowing some public houses that have the facility to have internal designated smoke room open.

The ban isn't just to protect smokers from themselves; it is also to protect workers from second-hand smoke. A designated smoke room would have to be entered by pub employees for cleaning.

S

The ban isn't just to protect smokers from themselves; it is also to protect workers from second-hand smoke. A designated smoke room would have to be entered by pub employees for cleaning.

S

Yes agreed.

But did you know that Douglas Courthouse has a smoke room. I can look out of the office window and watch the Islands top Female Advocate smoking her head off and chucking the buts out the window.

Six pubs are closing every day in the UK now, due to a combination of factors...smoking ban, bad weather, cheap supermarket ale, etc.

I wonder how long H & B can afford to keep their empty pubs open all hours, without making a concerted effort to attract customers.

I'm just waiting for the next price hike...Carlsberg have just raised their prices by 3%, MEA up 16%, SP freight charges increase and the minimum wage goes up at the end of this month to £6 a hour.

Times are tough, but H & B don't get any sympathy off me. They have killed the nightlife off on this Island with crap refurbishments, sky high prices, crap food and piss poor management. H & B haven't got a clue.

Times are tough, but H & B don't get any sympathy off me. They have killed the nightlife off on this Island with crap refurbishments, sky high prices, crap food and piss poor management. H & B haven't got a clue.

I hear they even held their own do at the Bushys beer tent this TT - concrete proof that they can't organise a piss up in their own brewery.

Six pubs are closing every day in the UK now, due to a combination of factors...smoking ban, bad weather, cheap supermarket ale, etc.

I wonder how long H & B can afford to keep their empty pubs open all hours, without making a concerted effort to attract customers.

I'm just waiting for the next price hike...Carlsberg have just raised their prices by 3%, MEA up 16%, SP freight charges increase and the minimum wage goes up at the end of this month to £6 a hour.

£2.15 for a pint in the Bay

management in the Station are IMHO spot on.

On ITV1 8pm tonight, see the damage the smoking ban is having on businesses and employment

I watched this. Had to laugh at the publican in Newcastle who wasn't pleased about supermarkets selling cheap booze. He said that in a pub you are drinking in a controlled environment and they will refuse to serve you once you have had too much, but if you buy a case of lager and drink it at home it is uncontrolled and you could drink too much. :rolleyes: He was obviously just concerned for our welfare, and not the fact that people aren't buying his more expensive beer!

Don't know about you, but when I buy a case of beer for my fridge I can usually resist the temptation to guzzle 24 cans in one night. As an adult I generally know when I have had enough whether I am in the pub or at home.

I do actually feel sorry for pubs, and it would a shame to see some close and people lose their jobs, but the above publican just seemed to be blaming customers for buying cheap supermarket booze. Who can blame them when their own finances are tight?

The service and craic in the Bay and the Station is fair to shite...not worth venturing out for. It's not all about prices, although it is a major factor in the equation.

The service and craic in the Bay and the Station is fair to shite...not worth venturing out for. It's not all about prices, although it is a major factor in the equation.

price is not issue, if your skint dont drink.

I drink in the Falcon

craic good

staff not bad at the moment

Archived