[BBC News] Visit strengthens Scottish links

Newsbot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a patronising old hag!

Why do you think so?

Fair enough to question and criticise what she says about IoM and Scotland being 'member states' (of UK or EU??):

"Relationships with the EU, for example. We both have to deal with the UK as member states so we have a lot to learn."

That aside, as far as I can see there are benefits for developing strong friendly relations with the Scottish Government. In any case, why treat a representative of the Scottish Government who is showing goodwill and a positive interest in this as a something to be scorned at? Do you maybe think Westminster should be the be-all and end-all for IoM?

It is such a (Tony) Brownite comment, "strengthening links". Brown uses these comments because he has contempt for the local populace and thinks we are stupid and will accept any woolly phrase he can come up with. This woman seems to be from the same school.

It is such a (Tony) Brownite comment, "strengthening links". Brown uses these comments because he has contempt for the local populace and thinks we are stupid and will accept any woolly phrase he can come up with. This woman seems to be from the same school.

I wouldn't be so quick to put her in the same boat as Tony Brown. (Though by all means put Tony Brown in a boat if you wish).

I hope someone told her that one day we will get Scotland back.

To start with I'd begin with getting IoM back.

SNPs strongest support comes from the bits of Scotland that were part of the Kingdom of Mann and the Isles - something she is no doubt well aware of. In some parts there is closer identification with 'The Isles' than with Scotland. How 'we' deal with the UK and EU is a curious phrase. I certainly think the idea of a 'Sodor and Man' EU region could be interesting - but perhaps these nationalists might have something else in mind when talking about cultural and political links.

Both communities hate the English - they have that in common.

What utter nonsense.

Indeed!

Some Scots hate the English, but not all:-

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in,

Fair enough to question and criticise what she says about IoM and Scotland being 'member states' (of UK

Yes, I thought that was particularly stupid of her to say that. You really would hope she'd know better.

Maybe this explains where she got this from:

Linda Fabiani, Minister for Europe, External Affairs and Culture, paid a flying visit and met Chief Minister Tony Brown and MHKs. ....

During the trip Ms Fabiani was given a tour of Tynwald and learned more about the history of the Island and its government.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Scottish-mi...e-of.3890519.jp

Maybe Declan was right - same school as Tony Brown. ;)

What a patronising old hag!

Why do you think so?

Fair enough to question and criticise what she says about IoM and Scotland being 'member states' (of UK or EU??):

"Relationships with the EU, for example. We both have to deal with the UK as member states so we have a lot to learn."

That aside, as far as I can see there are benefits for developing strong friendly relations with the Scottish Government. In any case, why treat a representative of the Scottish Government who is showing goodwill and a positive interest in this as a something to be scorned at? Do you maybe think Westminster should be the be-all and end-all for IoM?

I agree with Skeddan and I personally hope that future links are not ruined by people talking rubbish. Who knows, maybe a ferry link could be established :cool:

I can speak my own words without some mouthpiece saying a load of crap like that above! You may have a personal problem with the Scots Keith, but you do not speak for me and I can do without the stupid racist comments like that.

What utter nonsense.

It was a bit of a generalisation, but there are plenty of Manx, Scottish, Irish and Welsh who do not like the English. I wonder why!

Archived