"smoking Ban Will Have Little Effect On Business"

nipper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly question: If there's no admission after 1am and peeps have to go outside for a fag - can they get back in? Otherwise it will affect business...

Silly question: If there's no admission after 1am and peeps have to go outside for a fag - can they get back in? Otherwise it will affect business...

Rubber stamp the hand - that's all they did for the gig in Paramount on Thursday night, so they have the capability.

Im in college in ireland and they are going to great lengths to keep the smokers in their pubs by building smoking rooms or outdoor smoking areas with these radiant heaters. so hopefully eventually pubs will be able to do things like that

It is a shame and noticeable publicans, in all countries, did not make such an effort before the smoking ban for non smokers. If they had maybe the pressure to introduce the legislation may not have arisen or there may have been more support opposing it

On long-haul my Scandinavian colleagues all "smoked" this highly addictive stuff. It's basically a paste of ground tobacco you place behind your upper lip. It not only worked for them but it also helped cut down smoking related deaths in Scandawegia generally according to Aunty.

Not quite ... the overall reduction is a result of not smoking in the normal way but Snus doubles the risk of pancreatic cancer which is particularly nasty and usually only discovered when it's too late to do anything about it.

Anecdotal of course, but the non smoking Terminus was turning people away today, full but the queens had room.

Id vouch for that, went to go there for dinner but the place was packed so went to another non smoking pub bordellos which BTW was excellent.

Smokers get over it, its not like you have to stay at home is it? just go outside to smoke. anyway its all been said many times before.

Rubber stamp the hand - that's all they did for the gig in Paramount on Thursday night, so they have the capability.

The smoking Ban isn't in yet so why were people going outside to smoke?

The problem with letting people out to smoke is the noise generated by them, and as nightclubs are open until 3:30pm it's a difficult one if you don't want to piss off the neighbours. The best bet is to say no you will have to wait until you are leaving! noise complaints all add up when it comes to license renewal time.

Also at a gig in the villa a while back, they couldn't stamp hands as a health and safety issue, apparently the ink would need to be dermatologically tested!

Going over for the first time since I was a kid next month - would have been strange if you were able to smoke in the pubs and clubs there as have got used to be not being able to here. Most of my mates have got used to the ban by now and loads of places have decent outside areas for you to smoke - good place to do some chatting up too!

Going over for the first time since I was a kid next month - would have been strange if you were able to smoke in the pubs and clubs there as have got used to be not being able to here. Most of my mates have got used to the ban by now and loads of places have decent outside areas for you to smoke - good place to do some chatting up too!

I have a problem with some of these places, primarily clubs, which charge you for going outside for a smoke. They used to charge you for leaving the building and coming back but now extend this charge to smokers.

The best bet is to say no you will have to wait until you are leaving!

I think this is very unfair for smokers, especially given the usual pangs for a smoke when you drink. But I wonder what will happen at places like Stand58 and Paramount where they don't like you leaving and coming back inside. Unfortunately, there are no alternatives than to go to these places so if they didn't let people leave they would be unlikely to have less business.

Archived