Marco Pierre White Visit

cheeky boy

Marco Pierre White spent a few days on the Island last week staying at the Regency

My informants tell me that he was here at the invitation of a property developer with a view to opening a restaurant, possibly in the proposed hotel at the bus station site

Should he go ahead this would be a good thing for the profile of the Island and would make a benchmark to judge other establishments against

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marco Pierre White spent a few days on the Island last week staying at the Regency

My informants tell me that he was here at the invitation of a property developer with a view to opening a restaurant, possibly in the proposed hotel at the bus station site

Should he go ahead this would be a good thing for the profile of the Island and would make a benchmark to judge other establishments against

He's a foul mouthed ignorant twat. I can see him fitting in.

Last time I ate at a MPW establishment (the Mirabelle some 5 years ago) the bill for lunch for 3 was over £700. Food about £175 rest on outlandishly expensively marked up wine

I can't see any one apart from Clarkson and AA Gill paying that!

The Criterion has been good, and a lot cheaper but he insists on 2 sittings so you have to agree to vacate your table by 21.00 when you book early dinner, and they do hurry you.

The Oak Room was wonderful when he had that but I remember a £120 taster menu ot £20 starters and £40 mains and that is 10 years ago

Last time I ate at a MPW establishment (the Mirabelle some 5 years ago) the bill for lunch for 3 was over £700. Food about £175 rest on outlandishly expensively marked up wine

Maybe that's exactly what you'd expect to pay for a meal over a derelict bus station in Lord Street.

The Criterion has been good, and a lot cheaper but he insists on 2 sittings so you have to agree to vacate your table by 21.00 when you book early dinner, and they do hurry you.

The Oak Room was wonderful when he had that but I remember a £120 taster menu ot £20 starters and £40 mains and that is 10 years ago

Someone has just paid over a million pounds for a flat in Peel, check out the property sales column in the Examiner, tons of houses are being sold for half a mil plus

I don't think price is going to be an issue if the food is up to MPW standards

I'd rather have a Burger King

Whoever says that the Manx have no class, manners, culture or taste is quite right.

It takes someone like MPW to bring some of that to the Island, although judging by posts like this he will have his work cut out.

Reading your posts makes me feel sick John. (My income is less than £170 a week :( )

That said, there are plenty of people on the rich and greedy Isle of Man who will pay that. For example, with over 150 advocates over here, many who charge out well over £300 an hour for their average services, there will be plenty of scope for troughing at those prices.

And don't forget that there is hardly an MHK in the land that doesn't like to be pampered by the rich and greedy.

It seems to me the Isle of Man is sticking its head above the parapet.

Archived