Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
samuj1.jpg

The uneducated in pursuit of the untalented. I'll be in the pub if anyone wants me.

Now that really has annoyed me. Write off Sam Barks as untalented if you must and if that really is your view but your comment about the girls who have the enthusiasm and commitment to actually go and support her sound sneeringly cynical and must have been made gratuitously unless you actually know them, or did you just see a cheap shot at paraphrasing a rather excellent quote?

Sorry I wont have that, there was a programme the other Sunday, hosted by Vernon Kaye, that devoted ten minutes to two men cutting up a sausage and putting the cut bits on scales, at prime time viewing, that was the worst I have ever seen.

Did you get to see close ups of the sausage????

wtg sam on another fab week :D

Ultimately no matter how good or not Sam is, and I will admit to not knowing as I do not watch the programme, it is very unlikely that she will win the competition. This has nothing to do with her ability but the "prize" is to play nancy in a West End Musical. Presumably that is 8 performances a week for a fairly long run.

I have to admit that I doubt if at seventeen her vocal chords etc are ready for the strain that such a run will put on them, plus the general strain & exhaustion that being a lead in such a show will bring. This was recognised in the Sound for Music search where they had another experienced performer lined up to do several shows a week to take the pressure off the winner. Ok it did not happen but they were obviously aware of the potential problems some of which I understand have been bourne out

I therefore doubt if she will therefore win as for her long term future it is probably better that she develops away from the limelight and if she is any good she will be found a role which will develop in Lloyd Webers Really Useful Company over several years

Me Julie made me watch this tonight and to be honest I was curious about all the Sam stuff. I'm sure some people must enjoy musicals. I'm sure some people must enjoy phone-in voting shows. And I'm sure some people must enjoy seeing Graham Norton and the members of the panel on TV. Please restore the little faith I have in humanity and tell me no-one could ever like all three... In the end I went outside to paint a wall and listen to it dry. -_-

I agree with you. I think she is really nice

Like when David Beckham saw Posh Spice he said to his mate who was in the football team when they were watching TV in a hotel room before a match "She's beautiful, I'm going to ask her out". The rest is history.

So you never know Sam, even though you have a bf, there is probably a footballer said the same thing the other day.

To use a quote from Boys From The Blackstuff, I would say compared to Posh Spice Sam is "Better looking by far".

We are, like it or not.

You mean taxpayers money is being used to try and influence a TV show? Hm..not sure that's such a grand idea...

Just looking at the photos above, and I noticed one is of the banner at St Ninians.

She went to school there, only left last summer (June 07) after doing her GCSEs.

Completely understandable that the school supports her. She was a student there for 5 years after all.

Archived