Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

If any of your ageing gothy girls likes the smell of Hai Karate and like to be treated like a lady now and again, you could possibly put the feelers out. I used to know a punk girl and she got me to die my hair green and do some other things i'd prefer not to discuss here, or anywhere else for that matter. So i'd rather prefer to stay clear of those types just yet if you don't mind.

Well actually, when I come down to earth a little I realise that I am far more than twice Sam's age, probably nearer three times actually :o :o :o .

. . . . . . it was a nice dream while it lasted and she probably wouldn't fancy me anyway, even if I was younger and even though I can do a fair bit of dancing too.

I'll still be rooting for you Sam and no, it's ok now, if you win, we'll leave that date out. So that is one less thing you need to worry about or have to remember.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well actually, when I come down to earth a little I realise that I am far more than twice Sam's age, probably nearer three times actually :o :o :o .

Never mind. Next Saturday there will be you, her on TV, and a box of tissues to keep you company!

I think they said that in next week's final, ALW will have no say in the result - it will just be down to the voting public. Given that this week, Sam was the least popular in the eyes of the public - she has her work cut-out to turn public opinion around. If Jodie and Jessie have captured hearts and minds - I'm not sure that giving the best performance on the night will be good enough.

That being said - I'll have everything crossed that things go Sam's way. I know there has been quite a bit of bickering on this thread about what support is or is not worthwhile and whether it's all pathetic or inspirational - my opinion is that the Manx lass has done us proud and she deserves all the support we can give.

Good luck Sam!

Never mind. Next Saturday there will be you, her on TV, and a box of tissues to keep you company!

Well i'll need the tissues if she doesn't get through as i'll be crying my eyes out.

There are some proper comments on youtube. Some examples

Samantha and Idina Menzil

Samantha singing Defyuing Gravity and comments by judges which i think she sings so well

Doric - I could probably introduce you to... ...maybe an ageing goth or two if that is of any use.

They must be beyond ageing, being just old now - 28 is middle aged in goth years (roughly 1.5 times human years, partially to account for the regular use of speed, and partly due to the unforgiving qualities of cushed velvet as time goes by).

I know there has been quite a bit of bickering on this thread about what support is or is not worthwhile and whether it's all pathetic or inspirational - my opinion is that the Manx lass has done us proud and she deserves all the support we can give.

Has there? How manx crab like. Can't be arsed reading all 19 pages or whatever there are of this topic but good on the woman, hope she's Nancy!

I think they said that in next week's final, ALW will have no say in the result - it will just be down to the voting public. Given that this week, Sam was the least popular in the eyes of the public - she has her work cut-out to turn public opinion around.

Which is possibly where the other girls have the upper hand. The Irish & North West England votes will far exceed that of our little Island. I don't think Sam was lowest because of her lack of talent but simply because the population isn't as large as it is for the others. The Manx public will have to vote like crazy - and hopefully the MT network will be up to it. Remember the kick-off after the Welsh guy didn't win X-Factor? Many blamed the fact that networks failed & people simply couldn't get through. I think the final two should be Jodie & Sam - with Sam to win. She deserves it. Having said that, even if she doesn't she's now in touch with some of the most influential producers etc in the west end. I think she'll do just fine. Good luck Sam!

I think they said that in next week's final, ALW will have no say in the result - it will just be down to the voting public. Given that this week, Sam was the least popular in the eyes of the public - she has her work cut-out to turn public opinion around.

Which is possibly where the other girls have the upper hand. The Irish & North West England votes will far exceed that of our little Island. I don't think Sam was lowest because of her lack of talent but simply because the population isn't as large as it is for the others. The Manx public will have to vote like crazy - and hopefully the MT network will be up to it. Remember the kick-off after the Welsh guy didn't win X-Factor? Many blamed the fact that networks failed & people simply couldn't get through. I think the final two should be Jodie & Sam - with Sam to win. She deserves it. Having said that, even if she doesn't she's now in touch with some of the most influential producers etc in the west end. I think she'll do just fine. Good luck Sam!

She has won the important prize - Lloyd Webber likes her. Nothing else matters.

In that case, and if she fancies him back, there's hope for me yet!!!!

Although admittedly i'm not an overlord or a millionaire in showbusiness, I'm possibly better looking by far. Plus I'm younger

Perhaps I shouldn't give up. Faint heart never won fare woman and all that.

Whoops Manx Telecom

Have Manx Telecom messed up the show??????

I know its unlikely as its only pay as you go but say the number of votes missed for Sam would have kept her out of the bottom two I am sure ALW would have kept Rachel in rather than Jessica.

Poor Sam she wont get any votes from the Island with the TT being on as you always struggle to get network coverage on the saturday and sunday of the TT.

Whoops Manx Telecom

I know its unlikely as its only pay as you go but say the number of votes missed for Sam would have kept her out of the bottom two I am sure ALW would have kept Rachel in rather than Jessica.

Poor Sam she wont get any votes from the Island with the TT being on as you always struggle to get network coverage on the saturday and sunday of the TT.

Bit overstated init? Surely most people would be ringing from their landlines, as most people watch at home? Or are pubs going to be showing it?

Well if this is true then she's screwed for next week - the GSM mobile network is traditionally patchy throughout TT Week and Saturday nights are usually the worst. It would be ironic that the Isle of Sam somehow contributed to poor voting numbers as its phone system cannot cope.

Whoops Manx Telecom

Bit overstated init? Surely most people would be ringing from their landlines, as most people watch at home? Or are pubs going to be showing it?

I'm sure it will have made a big diffence to the voting. lots of people who I know using their PAYG phones to vote and normally have Sam's number on redial. The mess up meant they had less time to do this therefore less votes!! Manx Telecom should hang heads in shame, they better get it sorted for this weekend ias the voting from the Island is going to go mad. Lets face it they charge us enough for their services. growwwwwwwwwlll

Archived