Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why no response to Sam's performance tonight.

Thought she held her own really well against other girls. a lot of them are already West End veterans. She put on a really solid, professional performance and certainly dressed to impress!

I watched the show tonight.

The various Welsh girls going for the role of Nancy are going to get lots of the phone-in votes from Wales ( à la Eurovision Song Contest type thing) but there was no doubt that Samantha had the eyes - and the ears - of the judges. Out of the 12 contestants she was definitely up there in the top three on her performance, by anybody's standards.

Barry Humphries (aka Dame Edna Everage ) summed up his remarks by saying words to the effect of "well . . . . I want to move to the Isle of Man". The other judges in their admiration had little option but to comply...

This young woman gave a confident stunning performance of maturity beyond her years - nice one Sam!

Although usually I'm the first to pull any Manx Crab down, this young lady's performance was stunning, it really was.

As they say in, er, Manx:

"Oi'yll geev 'er foive"

I would never vote on locality before performance and anyone who would vote for her her just because she is Manx is sad on 2 accounts.

That said, outfit apart she did really well, where as most of the girls sang, Sam performed. I agree that she was top 3.

Oh, and was it subliminal priming for viewers that she was tall, slim, sexy, vocally strong, wow factor and paired up with a short, frumpy mellow and instantly forgetable competitor? Maybe the BBC think she has talent too?

Why are they casting Nancy - it has got to be the dullest role in the musical.

They'd be better off looking for a Fagin, Bill Sykes or Mr Bumble (Tony Brown could be the Manx candidate for that role).

Archived