Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

Well if this is true then she's screwed for next week - the GSM mobile network is traditionally patchy throughout TT Week and Saturday nights are usually the worst. It would be ironic that the Isle of Sam somehow contributed to poor voting numbers as its phone system cannot cope.

I thought it was a talent contest, not based on where they come from?

Statistically IMO it is unlikely to make a huge difference when compared to the population of the UK, but IMO making geography a significant factor and publicising that (e.g. 'Isle of Sam' was on Border news last night and has got into a couple of nationals), no matter how well meaning, will actually end up acting against her to some degree as it will likely pursuade other fans from the other home towns to follow suit if they haven't already - for example Blackpool has a population of around 150,000 i.e. twice that of the island.

Do they publish the actual voting figures?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was a talent contest, not based on where they come from?

Spot on Albert. I thought the best Nany, imo, was the blonde haired chubby girl who went out last week , i think.

Sam would be a very good second and it's a shame that the IOM could have lost 40/50k votes becuase of a MT down time.

BTW, i don't think they done it on purpose. It just happened.

Sam would be a very good second and it's a shame that the IOM could have lost 40/50k votes becuase of a MT down time.

I can't see 60% of the IOM's population even watching that program let alone voting on it, I think if they actually released the voting numbers you would be suprised at the number of votes and where they come from.

I can't see 60% of the IOM's population even watching that program let alone voting on it, I think if they actually released the voting numbers you would be suprised at the number of votes and where they come from.

That's just Celt voting again and again and again and...... :lol:

im so sick of all this isle of sam crap - just cause shes in a talent contest on tv no need

to add all this crap so annoyin hope she losses just so can go bak to normal without posters and stuff everywhere

cause it'll get worse if she wins

BTW, i don't think they done it on purpose. It just happened.

I hope it was done on purpose. This could be our JFK.

MT - the islands own brassy toll.

Says the Island's own gassy troll.

In case anyone wondered how the Isle of Sam shame is going down elsewhere check out this link to Digital Spy, (forums for TV fans):

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=23469365

Once again, I have to make it clear to the thick that being ticked off with the Isle of Sam shame does not mean that we shouldn't do everything reasonable to help Samantha win, as I reckon she will, despite the low votes last week which was obviously because most potential Sam voters thought she would walk it and so didn't bother voting.

In case anyone wondered how the Isle of Sam shame is going down elsewhere check out this link to Digital Spy, (forums for TV fans):

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=23469365

Once again, I have to make it clear to the thick that being ticked off with the Isle of Sam shame does not mean that we shouldn't do everything reasonable to help Samantha win, as I reckon she will

From the way they write it looks like the average age of posters seems to be about 12; and they still found it distasteful.

Archived