Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

Well.... finally it's over.

Isle of Sam Isle of Man again !!!

As always, it comes down to geographical voting. I did watch the final (there was nothing else on mind you!) and Sam was clearly the better of the three. I really could not fault her performance.

But of course... Isle of Man vs Ireland vs England..... who do you think would come last???

AND - the whole Isle of Sam farce would have helped her failure!! By singling her out and making it very much an issue of not 'how good you are' but 'where you come from'.

If it was me, and they wanted to call it Isle of Dan..... I'd say no. I really do feel that she would have done better if not for the whole Isle fo Sam thing.

Eh, nevermind. She will no doubt go far in her performing career.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening

Not really my bag this sort of karaoke stuff, but in all fairness to the young girl she did very well, and I am sure being part of this type of thing will help her immensely in a future stage type career. Good Luck to her I say.

The telly got hijacked by the family so I had to endure, her parents can be very proud, and LAXEY can be proud. Just felt the Island went a little over the top but that is just my personal opinion - she is only seventeen!

On a separate note one should give Laxey a bash, it is a very accommodating place as is all of the Island, so stop creating a divide in your tiny Isle.

True Grit

I found it interesting to see that Andrew and Cameron had seen Sam come bottom in the vote last week (affected or not by MT problems) and the betting/comments all week and had obviously taken the decision that she was least popular with the public. They therefore decided to ditch Sam and push Jessie as hard as they could in order to prevent Jodie winning. Why else was Sam given such a bad 'solo' song, and Jessie given such a 'Jessie suited' one? Jessie also got the best Oliver and the easiest song to make twee and fun - Sam got the worst of both!! And suddenly they both think Jessie COULD be Nancy after all - despite all their many many comments to the contrary on previous shows!!

Just my opinion - I rather hope the Jodie wins now, just to spite them!!

Apparently, the 'powers that be' in Government had access to the voting numbers from last week - but were under NDA not to release them. What they did say, however, was that there was no way that the outcome would have been different last week if MT didn't have problems - the gap was so significant. I also chatted to a couple of the MT engineers during the week - they were adamant that fixed network capacity here on the Island would not be a problem - and if there were any problems, these would be caused by congestion control procedures in the UK.

Sam clearly did amazingly well and did us proud - but Jessie and Jodie beat her fair-and-square - I don't believe for a moment that any technical problems here on the Island had a material affect one way or the other.

Well.... finally it's over.

Isle of Sam Isle of Man again !!!

As always, it comes down to geographical voting.

You can't vote from Ireland, but I suppose a lot of Irish people living in Britain would vote.

I think Jessie has had very little experience which has showed in some weeks when her performance was sub standard. She lacked confidence and came across as being a little akward in some of her moves etc. IMO though she has the makings of a huge star - she has a very raw and pure talent. Be really interesting to see her talent developed. What a beautiful beautiful voice. Class girl.

Well done to Sam for getting as far as she did, what an experience to have had at 17 - be interesting to see where this takes her.

Love them or hate them, TV talent shows are getting more and more popular with the public...Britains Got Talent is on tonight too...

Is this going to take her anywhere? Sure it's good experience and all, but how many talent shows has there been now? Do you even remember the winners of them? Never mind the runners up...a few talent show winners were one hit wonders right?

Ah well, least she probably had the time of her life.

I'd expect most of the top ten to end up in roles throughout the West End. The whole thing is essentially a job advert. Just because she might not have been right for this one, doesn't mean there's not a decent role out there for her.

Indeed, if you look at other talent shows, the runners up often do better than the winner.

She's talented and she's young and she's had massive media exposure. With the right management, I'm sure she'll go far.

I think most of the Josephs got musical theatre roles, if only in traveling versions of West End hits.

I voted for Sam, even though she was the third best. (She was relying too heavily on Oliver in the Singing in the Rain number)

Congratulations Dan you've made the stupidest comment on this thread -

But of course... Isle of Man vs Ireland vs England..... who do you think would come last???

Well done.

Archived