Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had it as the Irish girl first, Sam second and the one that won it 3rd.

Sam's set with the Singing in th Rain lost it for her, imo. The young lad who she had with her was shoite and it was an awfull number to do anyway as a duo as it was a World Class Winner as a single singer song.

Whoever told her to sing that wants their fucking head testing. However, her solo was brilliant i think. Hard song , done it justice.

Good on you Sam. You might not have won but i think you and the Irish girl will go a damm sight farther than the winner.

I had it as the Irish girl first, Sam second and the one that won it 3rd.

Sam's set with the Singing in th Rain lost it for her, imo. The young lad who she had with her was shoite and it was an awfull number to do anyway as a duo as it was a World Class Winner as a single singer song.

Whoever told her to sing that wants their fucking head testing. However, her solo was brilliant i think. Hard song , done it justice.

Good on you Sam. You might not have won but i think you and the Irish girl will go a damm sight farther than the winner.

I had Sam very much last of the three. She didn't bother to gel with the Oliver boy that she got like the other two had. But then she was the booby prize - the way it was announced who would be performing with who, the other two lads had chosen their Nancy's and the last lad had just got Sam. She was not very convincing at all last night in either performance

Agreed on the duet, but I thought she performed the solo excellently and far better than the other two. However, I always had a guess that the bosomy, mothery Jodie would win as she is, physically, much more a Nancy than the very young aspirers.

I can't be the only one creeped out by your letching.

... makes me cringe.

Well, I thought an alternative angle ius better than all the glowing and Isle of Sam business, and general hysteria.

Also, i wanted to reflect what comes over from the whole sorry show. Barry Humphries gushing, Andrew-Lloyd Webber letching etc. etc. The show itself and to be honest a lot of this show business stuff creeps me out and makes me cringe.

Anyway, apologies. No offence intended,

The young lad who she had with her was shoite and it was an awfull number to do anyway as a duo as it was a World Class Winner as a single singer song.

I don't see where all this blame apportioning comes from its only a talent contest - who cares?

At the end of the day she didn't win BUT I would not doubt for one second that this has given her a platform for a great career somewhere in the West End. Both Webber and Mackintosh said it in different ways - she was too young for them to take the risk on her in such a high profile show. That is very different to saying that your not good enough. The public likely saw that too - is a great achievement to get anywhere - she's a year out from taking her GCSE's FFS.

Sam Barks to sing national anthem at TT Grandstand

Will you have your radio on?

It'll probably make the tele as well so don't worry you won't miss it. :);)

Source

Sam Barks to sing national anthem at TT Grandstand

Will you have your radio on?

It'll probably make the tele as well so don't worry you won't miss it. :);)

Source

Source not working :)

Archived