Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see I'm in the wrong place here .... apologies.

I'm off now back to the world where I used to live, it's a nice place full of friendly people who have nice things to say about each other.

I hope I didn't take up too much of your time.

Shoepatshoes Final Thought :- Come on Sam, you can win this! And I LOVE the Isle of Sam!)

RATS!

I'm off now back to the world where I used to live, it's a nice place full of friendly people who have nice things to say about each other.

Yes, the psychiatric ward isn't too bad at times - as long as the drugs don't run out :ph34r:

I really hope she does well'n all, but can't help thinking that this publicity bandwagon makes it look more like toytown than necessary...

On Saturday night, the population of Ilfracombe are not going to tut and say "Isle of Sam" I can't believe they disrespected their island like that!!!" They will smile and think "Awww isn't that nice. We should go to the Isle of Man, it seems like a lovely place"

The good folk of Ilfracombe will the look at the costs and say 'F**k me, for the cost of getting to, and staying in the IoM for a long weekend, we could have two weeks full board (flights included) in the Med for the same price.

After last years re-branding of Ramsey as Yamsey, sponsored by Yamaha, was a bit of a let-down I would have liked some serious branding exercises to take place.

House of Cheesetoppers,

Sofawald,

Port St Pizzzahut,

Calf of Heineken

McDonaldsway airport,

Niaredbull.

Come on Earnshaw, where's your imagination?

After all hardly anyone without a bike knows where the fxxk we are anyway. What's in a name?

Where will it all end though?

If Back Door Slam get to number 1 will it be Isle of Slam?

If a local wins The Apprentice will it be Isle of Scam?

Or a Manxie wins Masterchef Isle of Scran?

Or Big Brother the Isle of Spam?

Or appears on Tiswas Isle of Flan?

Or The Muppets Isle of Ham?

The good folk of Ilfracombe will the look at the costs and say 'F**k me, for the cost of getting to, and staying in the IoM for a long weekend, we could have two weeks full board (flights included) in the Med for the same price.

Have you seen Ilfracombe?

post-46-1209583801_thumb.jpg

Why go on holiday to somewhere that's very similar to where you live.

Where will it all end though?

We need not confine ourselves to latching onto the popularity of reality TV. As the "Isle of Woman" campaign showed (which succeded in raising awareness of the Isle of Man 0.00000001%), there's plenty of opportunities for commercial sponsorship: my favourite marketing wheeze being The Isle of Fanta. Everyone has to drink fanta and a giant statue of an anthropomorphic orange will be erected at Tynwald, shitting can after can of the horrible stuff into the eager hands of school children who've been coralled into providing a photo opportunity.

With any luck we'll have raised our profile from "where's that?" to "Jesus, that awful place that keeps changing its bloody name". A few more "fun" rebrandings and we'll officially be the Colin Hunt of the British Isles - as unloved and neglected as the kind of dismal hamlet that tries to court attention with attempts to make the world's biggest pancake.

Just wait until we start we start advertising Loughtan sheep from the 'Isle of Lamb' - or our form of 'democracy' as the 'Isle of Sham.'

[This thing could run and run - smokers already know it as the Isle of Ban]

Just wait until we start we start advertising Loughtan sheep from the 'Isle of Lamb' - or our form of 'democracy' as the 'Isle of Sham.'

Let's just rename it to Germany V2.0 then - that should sort this sort of thing...

Let's just rename it to Germany V2.0 then - that should sort this sort of thing...

The Isle of German would work as well. I could go for that, especially if we all had to walk around wearing pickelhaubes and monocles, just like everyone in Germany does when they think no one's looking.

Archived