Sam Barks - I'd Do Anything

Nellie

E with a poster on the TV. Oh dear I could have done without seeing that. She sang well tonight.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those that are angry would have been unlikely to vote anyway. Besides, the tawdry Isle of Sam business is not her faulty - the blame for that has to lie with a dimwitted TV producer and a morally bankrupt politician.

Great performance again, and of course would be great to see her win, however, I have heard a few people are not too happy with the whole Isle of Sam thing but hopefully won't affect her votes?

Sam to win..

I don't think that people will stop voting for her because of the Isle of Sam thing, anyway she took it in her stride and didn't seem phased by it and that's what counts.

I've said it before I know, I hope she wins it's be great for her.

All publicity is good publicity though..... isn't it?

I was rather ashamed watching that last night. Not just cause' I was watching it... I mean, the program, but that part on the isle of "SAM" yuk! really did look rather pathetic and desperate.

How that is supposed to help the image of the Island in any way... I really do not know. Nor Sam's performance, or chances of winning the competition.

Can not believe how low this island is willing to go....

I can. Our bestest idea ever is changing our name for cheap publicity. If you want to sell pink Yorkies bung us a few quid and we'll change our name to the Isle of Woman. Your Sam Barks? Well we'll change our name to the Isle of Sam and that'll get us some publicity. Its the only cheap stunt we know that requires no money to pull it off.

Bloody embarrassing. Mr Logic cutting a red ribbon and thinking he's doing anything for tourism.

Edited: Nothing against Sam I thought she was great

Well the lass is through to the next round.

/topic

Regarding government figures latching onto the back of all this for publicity, I would say the Island needs as little publicity as possible. Once the masses in the UK, who lets face it are becoming more and more politically and economically aware, realise that the Isle of Man works largely in the grey financial areas in order to keep itself flying so high, they will not be so joyous.

When it suits us we are the friendly cousin, perhaps just a little removed from the United family. The rest of the time, with our own divisive legal systems, we stick two fingers up and bend over backwards and beyond to attract some of the UK tax cash into our greedy coffers.

/Back on topic.

Well done Sam, you were fantastic.

Well done Sam - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

I am DELIGHTED to see that the ridiculous nonsense that has been posted in this thread about the Isle of Sam being an embarassment is (as I thought) the negative nonsense of a few Manx Crabs! I trust you are suitably ashamed of yourselves!!! :D

Great advertising for the island and well done to the Minister of Tourism - getting us on prime time TV is a great achievement - good job!

Shame to see Sarah go but it can only improve Sam's chances. You're doing so well and we are ALL very proud of you.

Well done Sam - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

I am DELIGHTED to see that the ridiculous nonsense that has been posted in this thread about the Isle of Sam being an embarassment is (as I thought) the negative nonsense of a few Manx Crabs! I trust you are suitably ashamed of yourselves!!! :D

Great advertising for the island and well done to the Minister of Tourism - getting us on prime time TV is a great achievement - good job!

Shame to see Sarah go but it can only improve Sam's chances. You're doing so well and we are ALL very proud of you.

If she wins it will be on talent not some ill concieved campaign to "piggyback" on her achievements.

Are you for real. I have not watched the programme and consequently do not really care who wins although I hope it is the best of the various individuals. If it is Sam good for her.

However that 30 second piece about the Isle of Sam was really tawdry. I was not really that bothered before I saw it via the u-tube link as I thought it would be a light hearted fun piece. It wasn't it was toe curling. When even Graham Norton looks uncomfertable and describes something as strange you know you really have something of an own goal.

I would not castigate anybody for the idea and trying to drum up some publicity, but the actual execution of the idea was abysmal.

I can. Our bestest idea ever is changing our name for cheap publicity. If you want to sell pink Yorkies bung us a few quid and we'll change our name to the Isle of Woman. Your Sam Barks? Well we'll change our name to the Isle of Sam and that'll get us some publicity. Its the only cheap stunt we know that requires no money to pull it off.

Bloody embarrassing. Mr Logic cutting a red ribbon and thinking he's doing anything for tourism.

Edited: Nothing against Sam I thought she was great

I already have my location as The Isle of Woman :cool:

Great job Sam :thumbsup:

Archived