Manx Radio Mannin Line

Albert Tatlock

I don't know if it is fair to post this, but here is a clip of the chap who took the time to phone in today, but wasn't really wanting to say much, although we probably know the sort of thing he was alluding to.

20080323_Mannin_Line.mp3

Perhaps he would be quite good fun on the forums here. I'll maybe give him that computer I was saving for Marje.

Poor Keith. Perhaps he was so paralysed with rage at some perceived injustice that he could only force out the most important words in what was undoubtably a powerful and beautiful argument.

Stu - aye, the Mannin Line's the best thing on MR. Ideally Manx radio would consist of nothing but the Mannin Line, Classic moments from the Mannin Line, and a Stephen Hawking style speech synthesizer occasionally reading out newswire announcements.

I love the Mannin Line. It's democracy in action at it's best (and worst).

It also has a high proportion of listeners who never listen to Manx Radio...

(This way better than that other thread. That other thread is getting really snarky.)

I used to often listen to Manx Radio for the ML during the week because it was so weird. Now I only very occasionally listen to Manx Radio - perhaps a few times each year now if there is some specific news thing. I never listen to any other local radio.

I like radio but my whole radio listening has changed in the past few years. I used to mostly listen to Radio 4 and the World Service - it was always on. These days I hear about 1 hour of the Today Programme in the morning. Unless something happens, that is very often the only live radio I listen to now. The rest of my listening is mostly via podcasts - some from the BBC but also from other places. iTunes / RSS and the iPod has totally changed how I listen and what I listen to. I'm sure that I'm part of a growing proportion of the audience for radio.

www.manxforums.com and www.manxherald.com is where I get my local news. Mostly here. Perhaps manxforums.com should get some of that govt money which has traditionally gone to old fashioned radio. It isn't a news site - but it actually tends to be the best place for local news.

I love the Mannin Line. It's democracy in action at it's best (and worst).

It also has a high proportion of listeners who never listen to Manx Radio...

Good logic there young fella, want to have another go :-) ?

Except Tuesday (and Saturday)

Tuesday is the day when the House of Keys and Tynwald meet. If the politicians missed Mannin Line then they would never know what was going on would they.

Some politicians and candidates used to brag that they never listened to the Mannin Line because it was rubbish and they had better things to do. Funny how they never got voted back in. Irrespective of whether they were right or not, it is not always wise for them to knock such a sacred platform from which the likes of Keith and Marje could air their POVs. And Dorothy.

Oh, and that Count fellah too.

Except Tuesday (and Saturday)

Tuesday is the day when the House of Keys and Tynwald meet. If the politicians missed Mannin Line then they would never know what was going on would they.

Some politicians and candidates used to brag that they never listened to the Mannin Line because it was rubbish and they had better things to do. Funny how they never got voted back in. Irrespective of whether they were right or not, it is not always wise for them to knock such a sacred platform from which the likes of Keith and Marje could air their POVs. And Dorothy.

Oh, and that Count fellah too.

the count was amazing- count marenzi? or something- remember once he came out with some right un-PC diatribe; about comeovers FFS! (I think it was asians actually, but you get the drift). Wish there was a ML archive to listen to some gems like that from keith etc

I remember once working on a site where half the workforce had been brought in from England, and the other half were Manx. There was a fair amount of good natured rivalry between us, but the English crew couldn't get along together and after a couple of days they brought in a huge stereo and started playing really irritating techno music really loud so they wouldn't have to speak to eachother. As we didn't like the music we demanded a fair share of stereo. As it was their stereo they would only agree to us having it for an hour a day. That was all we needed. We cranked up the Mannin Line / Report from the Keys every day for a week. By the weekend they caved in to our demands - gave us total control of the stereo, the only condition being that we promised not to play the Mannin Line ever again.

yep I 2 listen 2 the mannin line every single sunday! wouldent dream of missin it, its brillo!!!!!!! :)

Roys a star LOL he knows his stuff! he reads out all this information + so informs us of all the malpractise + "coruption" within the goverment 4 us! :)

We now know 4 example just which MPs use/abuse travelling expences, how can sum of em possibly cliam such unbleivable amounts? Its runs into thousands, Do they travell 2 mars or somthing????

At least theres a few who dont claim a single penny ! :)

yep I 2 listen 2 the mannin line every single sunday! wouldent dream of missin it, its brillo!!!!!!! :)

Roys a star LOL he knows his stuff! he reads out all this information + so informs us of all the malpractise + "coruption" within the goverment 4 us! :)

We now know 4 example just which MPs use/abuse travelling expences, how can sum of em possibly cliam such unbleivable amounts? Its runs into thousands, Do they travell 2 mars or somthing????

At least theres a few who dont claim a single penny ! :)

The Mannin Line is worth listening to just for the comedy value.

Roy is good but he's a sarky git!

Archived