I Dont Believe It!

Billy One Mate

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new power station is said to be run on Gas, why is an MHK asking this question,

Due to the High cost of Gas is it now true that the new power staion is now running on Fine Oil.

Meary Veg Treatment Plant has got Major problems, needing 100x1000s pounds spending on it, could run into millions, The troobleshooter brought in to sort the problems out have now walked of due to lack of cooperation from the powers to be.

The wedding cake Tynwald Building, are the builders not asking for a further £6 million as the budget has run out.

Why have a wild life park when we have a Government full of White Elephants

The new power station is said to be run on Gas, why is an MHK asking this question,

Due to the High cost of Gas is it now true that the new power staion is now running on Fine Oil.

Don't profess to be an expert, but not too sure how you could run Gas turbines off fine oil?? I stand to be corrected...

The wedding cake Tynwald Building, are the builders not asking for a further £6 million as the budget has run out

Haven't heard about that, but I have trouble believing that even the muppets in our Goverment would enter into a contract without a fixed budget. But then again....

One man's debt is another man's asset...so debt isnt necessarily a bad thing so long as it is manageable and the overall economy is geared correctly.

In this instance I dont think its the fact that there is a loan just the way in which it has come about. It just stinks...pure and simple.

Well if the electricity costs go up again we can all just switch to another supplier....o sh*t hang on a minute no we cant...damn...there was me thinking we lived in a proper country which had competition for services

fing17.gif

Don't profess to be an expert, but not too sure how you could run Gas turbines off fine oil?? I stand to be corrected...

The wedding cake Tynwald Building, are the builders not asking for a further £6 million as the budget has run out

Haven't heard about that, but I have trouble believing that even the muppets in our Goverment would enter into a contract without a fixed budget. But then again....

Im only repeating what an MHK told me so It could be wrong

Mike Proffitt's resignation was announced last week I think. He is due to stand down mid January on the anniversary of his appointment date, which was five years previous.

I've always thought of Mr Proffitt as 'one of the good guys' as far as Manx businesses have been concerned. I can not see how he would be so daft as to think that the MEA could aquire so much money for which it is accountable o the taxpayers and it be 'hidden away'.

As far as the price rises are concerned, there is a global increase in oil, gas and electric even if the papers don't like to report as though we are dependant on the global prices. The way the papers report the prices story is as if the fuel appears by magic from thin air then the MEA make up a figure to sell it on for.

Unfortunately for those of us paying the utility bills, because we are used to being charged at rates different to everywhere else in the world, we don't know what is an unpreventable price rise and what is taking the p**s. So far the MEA have done a good good at holding back and even reducing prices in real terms. This makes it a bit more of a shock that all these financial dealings are now hitting the public areana.

I've always thought of Mr Proffitt as 'one of the good guys' as far as Manx businesses have been concerned. I can not see how he would be so daft as to think that the MEA could aquire so much money for which it is accountable o the taxpayers and it be 'hidden away'.

Ditto

Archived