Isle Of Man Prison

Andy25

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Djdan - You are being a bit judgmental with your sarcasm there. Not very christian of you. Something I tend to find about all the Christians I know, quite happy to be forgiven themselves but arent so forthcoming with forgiveness for others, bunch of hypocrites.

Imagine a world where there was no need for a prison. That would be much better.

suprise suprise... I make a comment in a topic, and you come back criticising it based on my religion - yet, you'd rather religion not feature on this forum at all.

Is it so... that because I am religious, I am not allowed to have a negative attitude on crime? You have no clue on what forgiveness in Christianity even means, so don't you try and criticise me with it.

There is a school of people that believe the main punishment that prisoners suffer is one of incarceration and removal from their family and community. If smoking is not allowed that is a double punishment. Is it not true that prison is their home and therefore exempt? It's not as if they have a choice about going there, I know they have a choice whether to commit the crime or not so don't bother flaming me for that thought. If they have single cells, what's the harm?

Are you suggesting then that to refuse prisoners a right to smoke is too great a punishment?

Yes it's against there human rights.

It would have made people really stressed if they were forced to give up.

aye.. prison is a hard life after all. It is indeed a cruel punishment - not even being able to smoke - after comitting crime.

I hear that the new prison is going to be real cushy... so don't worry too much about your cousin. He'll probably enjoy a greater quality of life than the rest of us... though ya, he may face the torment of that cigarette ban!!!!

We have to deter crime somehow on this island...!

Very charitable you over judgemental arsehole.

You have no clue on what forgiveness in Christianity even means, so don't you try and criticise me with it.

That is where you are very wrong Mister 'Im Gods right hand man', I spent half my bloody childhood in church learning about Gods forgiveness and his charitable ways. I was even fairly religious myself until God delivered 'just one' too many tests to the world. So...... back to a world where there is no need for imprisonment/punishment - which, was the main point of my posting - wouldn't that be much better?

You have no clue on what forgiveness in Christianity even means, so don't you try and criticise me with it.

That is where you are very wrong Mister 'Im Gods right hand man', I spent half my bloody childhood in church learning about Gods forgiveness and his charitable ways. I was even fairly religious myself until God delivered 'just one' too many tests to the world. So...... back to a world where there is no need for imprisonment/punishment - which, was the main point of my posting - wouldn't that be much better?

The main point of your posting was that my earlier comments were not Christian-like.... and not forgiving enough.

Go ahead and critique my words, show me where and how they are "not very christian". Back up your argument. Shouldn't be too hard, considering that you spent half your childhood in church - and obviously know what you're talking about.

It would have made people really stressed if they were forced to give up.

aye.. prison is a hard life after all. It is indeed a cruel punishment - not even being able to smoke - after comitting crime.

I hear that the new prison is going to be real cushy... so don't worry too much about your cousin. He'll probably enjoy a greater quality of life than the rest of us... though ya, he may face the torment of that cigarette ban!!!!

Very charitable you over judgemental arsehole.

over judgemental.... ??

explain how. I'm not the first to question the cushy lifestyle of the prison... but i'm sure, the first to be called an "arsehole" cause' of it. Funny that.

over judgemental.... ??

explain how. I'm not the first to question the cushy lifestyle of the prison... but i'm sure, the first to be called an "arsehole" cause' of it. Funny that.

Over judgemental because you come out with these pathetic holier-than-thou statements that draw attention to the fact that your a sad little tit who looks down on others because they don't fit in with your social norms. If you are religious you'd be familiar with the concept of forgiveness for those who transgress. But no you just look down on somebody because they posted that they had a cousin in prison and so you couldn't help suggesting that they were scum.

Secondly your posts point to the fact your an ARSEHOLE. Most people here seem to think your an arsehole, so basically I don't see any harm in calling you one because on balance of probablilities its most likely that you are.

Love and peace and all that crap :D

over judgemental.... ??

Over judgemental because you come out with these pathetic holier-than-thou statements that draw attention to the fact that your a sad little tit who looks down on others because they don't fit in with your social norms. If you are religious you'd be familiar with the concept of forgiveness for those who transgress. But no you just look down on somebody because they posted that they had a cousin in prison and so you couldn't help suggesting that they were scum.

Secondly your posts point to the fact your an ARSEHOLE. Most people here seem to think your an arsehole, so basically I don't see any harm in calling you one because on balance of probablilities its most likely that you are.

Love and peace and all that crap :D

1) Demonstrate to me how this applies to my earlier post:

If you are religious you'd be familiar with the concept of forgiveness for those who transgress.

2) Show me where I said this:

so you couldn't help suggesting that they were scum.

3) Show me how this applies:

you come out with these pathetic holier-than-thou statements that draw attention to the fact that your a sad little tit who looks down on others because they don't fit in with your social norms

Your problem, like others on this forum, is that you want to paint me with your pathetic name-calling brush. You lay out the accusations.... of all sorts... and with nothing to validate them. Then your buddies come along, and try pathetically to oback you up. Well - answer my three points above - Show me why my original post was so bad.

:rolleyes:

love to see you try.

Archived