[BBC News] Prison to stage public open days

Newsbot

i'm not following how there was a prison finished / key handing over type thing atleast a month ago, but there won't be any scrotes up there till after the public open days near the end of april!! so it's finished, but you can't use it for 2 months?? if you can't use it ,it aint finished so why the BS key handover??

i'm not following how there was a prison finished / key handing over type thing atleast a month ago, but there won't be any scrotes up there till after the public open days near the end of april!! so it's finished, but you can't use it for 2 months?? if you can't use it ,it aint finished so why the BS key handover??

It's not finished, I know guys still working up there. 'Key handing over' events don't always mean all the final touches are completed.

Visitor numbers will be restricted to a total of 600 people per day because of operational and security concerns.

If you miss out on this opportunity, a brick through one of Police Headquarters windows should secure you a Golden ticket.

The key handing over was that the building contractors have finished - i.e. all the walls are up, you don't get wet when it rains and the carpet has been laid.

Once the contractors have finished then the Govt/Prison staff can sort out bits like putting phones/computers in, signs on the walls, putting the new locks on the cell doors, fitting the TV's, and generally stocking the place.

Staff then have to go through training on how to use everything, learn their way around and then I believe that once it is all ready, a team from the Home Office come over to do a final inspection and issue it with it's official "prison category licence". It can then take prisoners.

ok folks, thanks for the clarification on 'finished'. as to putting a brick through a window to get a look inside?? you would probably have to do this 10 or 11 times atleast!, to use up all your 'one last chances' from the courts.

Archived