Ballaquayle Road Shut - Police Forensics

xbones

The homicide rate per 100,000 population in England and Wales (0.6) is the lowest recorded by WHO (equal to that of Japan)

Source: Economic and Social Research Council

A good site from which to start your own research.

Sometimes though it is best just to just keep pretending the Isle of Man is a really nice sweet place with nice pleasant people, some good fresh countryside and there's not too much crime and even if there is, it's better than England and Scotland and all that. Plus we have some good beaches.

How many murders have there been in the Isle of Man in the past 5 years say?

(Sometimes, these cardboard boxes have a tendency to know what they are on about.)

So, lets assume we are somewhere between 1 and 2 murder rate a year per 100,000 population ? The England and Wales rate INCLUDES all rurall areas. Using just a few towns that I can show have a population of around 100,000 or so ... St Helens, Blackburn, Crawley, Oldham, Exeter, Bury,, Burnley ... I am pretty sure I can stand by my initial assertion.

And I'm not wearing rose coloured specs here. Only pointing out that the IOm is not as bad as people paint out. Not by a long shot...

...GOMH*...

EDIT...It appears the national rate is actually 1.6 per 100,000. That pretty much proves we are nowhere near as bad as the average Town of 80,000. Not that it means a great deal, I suppose, in context. Maybe it's best we leave this discussion out of this thread from now on. Apoogies for any offence caused too...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crack it toa

Seperate thread me thinks.

Huge differential type thing whats its noo noo between a condensed population and an Island Population one considers,by gum you,did you ohoooo, weeel no, have I, ohoo we shouldn't,pardon.

How was that.

Opinions and ohoo I'll tell ya, what noooo, shouldn't , before it went pear shaped aren't you.

YES/NO BUT NEVER A HUMAN BEING. ONE SHOULD TRY TO LEND A HAND TO THOSE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT TAKE THE ALLEGED CORRECT PATH.

TOO EASY TO SLAG A HUMAN BEING OFF - TOO LATE TO HELP.

Good Luck

True Grit

Crack it toa

Huge differential type thing whats its noo noo between a condensed population and an Island Population one considers,by gum you,did you ohoooo, weeel no, have I, ohoo we shouldn't,pardon.

How was that.

Opinions and ohoo I'll tell ya, what noooo, shouldn't , before it went pear shaped aren't you.

YES/NO BUT NEVER A HUMAN BEING. ONE SHOULD TRY TO LEND A HAND TO THOSE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT TAKE THE ALLEGED CORRECT PATH.

Good Luck

True Grit

Indeed.

Sponsored by Smirnoff?

Crack it toa

How was that.

Good Luck

True Grit

Indeed.

Sponsored by Smirnoff?

You bite far too easily as one would expect.

I take heart from you strange one and no doubt there will be others, aren't you, noooo, can't be, is it', never never?

How was that?

Good Luck

T - TOTAL/PIONEER PIN.

Try?

Good Luck

True Grit

Ballaquayle Road and Knives go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned.

Am I helping matters by telling this story? Probably not, but there, I've told it.

No, unfortunately not. I stayed at Hutchinson Square last year so I'm familiar with the area. And now I've had the crap scared out of me.

The Manx authorities do need to take a tougher stand against knife-wielding druggie scum. From what I've read of Manx history there's only ever been one hanging on the island and that was back in Victorian times.

I lived in the centre of a UK city for 10 years.

There were council tower blocks to the left of me.

There were council tower blocks to the right of me.

One of the main arterial roads to the roughest part of the city ran past my flat. There were 4 pubs literally within a stones throw.

Not once, not f*cken once, was there ever an incident in the area. No muggings, no murders, not even a fight. Unbelievable when I look back on it.

I came to live on the Isle of Man and within the last few years.....within the proverbial stones throw....there has been the current incident, a murder (Mannin Hotel, although if I recall correctly I think the woman was deemed to have died in circumstances not amounting to murder), there was a sexual assault on a young woman who was left as dead in one direction and Derby Road with its countless incidents of knifings and beatings in the other direction.

The Isle of Man.....dontcha just love it.

Freedom to Flourish.... for all, and that includes from the very top such as the money dealing greedy ££miliionaire advocates in Athol Street down to the drug* dealing knife wielding scum on Broadway and Douglas Promenade.

Edited to add:

Oh, and not so long ago there was that murder up Victoria Road where the chap killed his wife.

*not referring to current incident.

From what I've read of Manx history there's only ever been one hanging on the island and that was back in Victorian times.

list at www.manxnotebook.com/famhist/genealgy/execute.htm - but yes only one in last 150years (and that was a somewhat botched case in that he was convicted of muder using a pitchfork whereas it turns out a shotgun blasted 3 holes through the deceased

Guest chunkylover

they released the other guy at the beginning of the weekend, so it's down to her by the looks of things.

Archived