Ballaquayle Road Shut - Police Forensics

xbones

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice photos Amadeus.

Why are the vehicle number plates blanked out? When we take a photo and people are in the background we don't blank the faces out?

Sorry to go off topic, but I am curious.

Thanks.

Just force of habbit tbh, in case someone doesn't want people to know his or her car was there (for whatever reason) - kinda "If in doubt, blank out".

I noticed that the little park at the light is sealed off too, sorry I don't know what its called.

yeah, sealed off with everything else. I suppose there's the possibility of "dumping" evidence near by.

Nice photos Amadeus.

Why are the vehicle number plates blanked out? When we take a photo and people are in the background we don't blank the faces out?

Sorry to go off topic, but I am curious.

Thanks.

Just force of habbit tbh, in case someone doesn't want people to know his or her car was there (for whatever reason) - kinda "If in doubt, blank out".

I once had my picture splattered over the Isle of Man Courier, from one of those street CCTVs. The police were looking for witnesses (they made it clear that the people in the pictures weren't suspects, I'll give 'em that). They gave the location and time of the pictures.

Fortunately I wasn't walking down Strand Street when I should have been at work doing overtime.

Fortunately I wasn't just walking out of the pub when I should have been on the wagon.

Fortunately I wasn't with my new mistress.

I often wondered if my 'Human Rights' had been infringed.

Funny thing was, only one person came up to me and said they noticed my picture in the newspaper. Perhaps no one bothers reading the Courier or perhaps I have no friends, well not anymore since they all found out I had a bit on the side.

Ah well.

No matter what circumstances somebody dies in, it's still very traumatic for their families. As this is a small Island and this is a local forum, maybe we should avoid any of this "I heard from somebody who knows somebody else ..." type of thing, and spare a though for the people grieving for a friend or family member who is now dead.

Agreed. Well said.

i ran over a longtail once,

Oogie, I nearly crashed trying to avoid one. Imagine telling the police "Yes officer I realise my car is stuffed into a hedge, however, there was a Longtail in the road and I thought I shouldn't run him over in case he was on his way home to his family." - erm come to think of it I think I might need sectioning. Mental health official to the forum please...thebees has self diagnosed herself as totally off her head, barking mad....a rat on his way home to a family, did you ever hear the likes?

i ran over a longtail once,

Oogie, I nearly crashed trying to avoid one. Imagine telling the police "Yes officer I realise my car is stuffed into a hedge, however, there was a Longtail in the road and I thought I shouldn't run him over in case he was on his way home to his family." - erm come to think of it I think I might need sectioning. Mental health official to the forum please...thebees has self diagnosed herself as totally off her head, barking mad....a rat on his way home to a family, did you ever hear the likes?

That's more like thebees we know and love, see you at the MF bash?

Well its the first murder of the year i thought it had been a few months since the last one.

Lets hope the police don't f*ck this one up

I remmember when a murder was massive news on the isle of man and it would be talked about for months now its like an everyday thing.

Bring back the noose :angry:

Archived