Ballaquayle Road Shut - Police Forensics

xbones

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could take this chance to have a bit of a rant myself . . . . . .

I was walking up Ballaquayle Road/Broadway about 4 or 5 years ago. I was threatened and held by a bloke with a knife. It was an extremely unpleasant experience as you might imagine.

What eventually made the guy f**k off and do a runner was a chance police car coming down the road. He scarpered up the hill as I waved down the police car and hurriedly told the guys about the incident. They went off in the general direction but by that time the guy had disappeared.

They came back down the hill and took some details from me and went on their way.

I had an excellent description of the guy because I had been staring petrified and wide eyed right in the wee bastards ugly scarred face for the past quarter of an hour. I can call him a wee bastard because he had a distinct Glaswegian accent and supported Rangers judging from his Chelsea shirt.

The police never got back in touch.

A couple of weeks later someone was threatened with a knife and someone else was actually knifed in the vicinity. I often wonder if it was my mate, wee scabby Jock doing the knifing then.

Ballaquayle Road and Knives go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned.

Am I helping matters by telling this story? Probably not, but there, I've told it.

First question that comes to my mind reading the news:

Mr Rogers, 28, from Port Erin

What was he doing in the flat? I suppose the flat belonged to one of the two in custody.. ?

So far, everything that I heard as "rumour" from a couple of people this morning have been true. Seems that as usual, the facts of the story have already spread around the Island - from the police themselves =)

There are other things I've heard, from the same people... but cannot say until it is confirmed.

Again, it comes down to people 'they know'... involved in things they shouldn't be. It really is bad that this island is allowing tragedies like this to become more common.

Thoughts go out to the family - there's always others who have to face the hurt, and it really is terrible. Murder especially. But this "behaviour" really has to stop. More and more 'violence' is becoming common place on our streets - and there's a very fine line between violence, and actual death - murder. It shouldn't take actual murder to awake us to the realities of what is going on out there - unfortunately however, it does.

the facts of the story have already spread around the Island - from the police themselves =)

DJdan, I don't really think you can say that. Nothing I have heard about this has come from the police either directly nor indirectly. I do not think anything of any of the people involved because I tend not to judge people.....

First question that comes to my mind reading the news:

Mr Rogers, 28, from Port Erin

What was he doing in the flat?

Are people from Port Erin banned from Douglas flats in your head?

Is this true? I'm from Port Erin and on occasion I have been in flats in Douglas. If it isn't shouldn't all Douglas flats have a warning on them.

I reckon there will be a few more this year, they are using knives at the moment how long before the bullets start flying ?

Ramsey don't look that bad anymore does it ?

the facts of the story have already spread around the Island - from the police themselves =)

DJdan, I don't really think you can say that. Nothing I have heard about this has come from the police either directly nor indirectly. I do not think anything of any of the people involved because I tend not to judge people.....

Dj Dan is a sucker for believing hearsay and the like

Think what you like. Yesturday morning, I was speaking to some colleagues who have friends in the police. They told me about the guy who was killed, and also the two who have been arrested.

As it turns out, everything they told me has been confirmed thus far.... so yeah, I may be a sucker for listening to them, but after all - they have heard it directly from the police, and what they have told me has been true.

Dj Dan is a sucker for believing hearsay and the like

Think what you like. Yesturday morning, I was speaking to some colleagues who have friends in the police. They told me about the guy who was killed, and also the two who have been arrested.

As it turns out, everything they told me has been confirmed thus far.... so yeah, I may be a sucker for listening to them, but after all - they have heard it directly from the police, and what they have told me has been true.

Get a life, mate. Jesus H Christ...have you heard yourself ???...

...GOMH*...

Have I heard myself what?

Really don't see what the issue is here.

Rumourmongery, thinking you're better than everyone else because you think you know something other people don't know. Which may as well be absolute bollox coming after the event.

I think you'll find that I haven't said that I am "better than everyone else" because I know something, nor do I think it. I have only said that I have heard certain facts through colleagues, from the police... and those facts have so far turned out to be true.

You may want to try to read between the lines here, but that's all I have said.

Archived