Manx Radio

nipper

Oh no...not another - please, take the job, I dont need it...my children can manage with out food for another week, so, dont you worry about me..You just take the job (and the food from the little childrens mouths).

...How some people can live with themselves is beyond me. (I secretly already mailed them telling them you were crap) muahahaaaa the job is as good as mine.

Can someone explain the "man flu" gag ? I just don't get it at all, I'm afraid...

...GOMH*...

Bloke with any form of minor sniffle or tummy bug has Man Flu - which is a thousand times worse than labour pains, if only wimmin would stop being SO insensitive:

I'll always remember watching Granada News a few years ago, it was the 5 min slot after the main ITN lunch time news. The news reader had a panic attack live on air and just sat there saying "I can't do it, I can't do it". Then it cut to a recorded news item, and when it went back to the studio some scruffy bloke, probably a cameraman or something, read out the news from a piece of paper.

That newsreader read out the news every day for years, but I never saw her again after that.

But I bet the lovely giggling Charlotte will keep her job, even after her performance while announcing a very sad death this morning on Today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7318173.stm

I'll always remember watching Granada News a few years ago, it was the 5 min slot after the main ITN lunch time news. The news reader had a panic attack live on air and just sat there saying "I can't do it, I can't do it". Then it cut to a recorded news item, and when it went back to the studio some scruffy bloke, probably a cameraman or something, read out the news from a piece of paper.

That newsreader read out the news every day for years, but I never saw her again after that.

But I bet the lovely giggling Charlotte will keep her job, even after her performance while announcing a very sad death this morning on Today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7318173.stm

I never really imaged that voice to have such a smiley face.

I've just spent literally too much time on google trying to discover who this was. Hazel Barrett. Anyone remember her? She's now a senior lecturer on journalism at Liverpool John Moore's university, apparently.

The panic attack is not on youtube, but it lives on in my brain.

post-1143-1206740345_thumb.jpg

post-1143-1206740364_thumb.jpg

How very DARE you suggest a programme named after a plague of venereal diseases? Or a method of making telephone calls? And I only EVER mention Page 3 in the paper review en passant (see - Sarkozy syndrome is setting in).

Will cop to the complaint from Nipper though about man-flu gags - but it still makes me giggle. Must try to avoid it if it irritates so much.

Marc Tyley was on the high seas (returning from holidaying across) when he got the call from Sicknote Kinley yesterday, and manfully stepped in with little sleep and no real chance to prepare - so I think he did a sterling job. Kinners WAS looking proper poorly yesterday - three jumpers and a scarf indoors and still shivering.

Sounds like ma.....

People who have the flu should stay at home and stop spreading their germs round.

They don't have to go in to work and prove how bad they are.

• 1 month later...
Yes - He is the Programmes Controller. (or whatever the current title is!)

He's the one who doesn't seem capable of keeping rick on prats such as Williams and Brindley.

Did anyone hear Brindley today making fun of Prince William's trip to Afghanistan... following on from the assorted parties and stag-do helicopter trips, Alex asked about Prince William's trip to Aghanistan - and he said "ooh, is there a party there too?".

No Alex, no party - just a a war. It's been there for a while, plenty of people being killed - and Wills actually brought back the body of a fallen soldier!

Buy another joke book, perhaps one that's not offensive and in bad taste.

I remember listening to Radio 1 in the 1990s and the woman newsreader giving us the sad news of the little girl who had died after a multiple organ transplant. The newsreader freudian slipped and instead said died after a multiple orgasm.

Not funny and in bad test I know, but it happened and I never heard the newsreader again.

Archived