Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Thoughts

Halfbaked

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just wondering if anyone has bought it today and what their thoughts were on it,

I have bought it but not had anytime to play it yet as i am stuck at work

I have heard the first load up time is a mare, but the graphics look worth the wait

Install doesn't take that long - I just went and made a cuppa a fed the cats while it was on. There is an update and it gives you a choice. Mine crashed out - I think because everyone had just got home as well and so the servers were stretched. I just cancelled and dove stratight into the game.

Only had a couple of laps as I have other stuff to do, from what I've seen I'm not dissapointed.

It looks deadly from the trailers. I've got 50" of telly screaming for me to buy it but the tight side of me finds it piss poor that £25 buys you such a limited number of tracks/cars. I'll probably end up getting it anyway but I'll still be cross about it.

i agree but there are not many games out between now and sept when the real game comes out, i am sooo fussy on the games i buy, so i have been sat with cod 4 since xmas and need a new game, only grand theft auto and battlefield bad company coming out between now and sept so i feel well justified gettin it, plus it will mean i hit the ground running once the full game comes out

Hmmm, good point I suppose. I barely use my PS3 because it was mainly GT4 that I used to play previously so I have been waiting for GT5.

I suppose it'd be rude not to.

It looks deadly from the trailers. I've got 50" of telly screaming for me to buy it but the tight side of me finds it piss poor that £25 buys you such a limited number of tracks/cars. I'll probably end up getting it anyway but I'll still be cross about it.

17 quid from gameplay.

£17?? Piss. Now you tell me. :(

Still, I think given the amount of free time I currently have for games (ie not a lot) this will keep me happy for a good while, and it's ages since I've bought a game or really used the PS3 for anything but films so it's money well spent.

Don't game companies usually give demo games away for free

Not in Sony World.

It was probably a wager between two Sony execs, 'Bet you a tenner I can get PS3 owners to pay for a demo.'

'Bet you they won't.'

'You're on.'

Don't game companies usually give demo games away for free

Well it's the first time I've seen it happen, but then other game companies don't release 71 cars, 6 tracks, and 16 player online demos.

Every other game demo on the PS3, like the 360 is free (cough! subscription <_< )

But hey, you have a choice, you buy it or you don't. @£17 it's worth it IMO

Well it's the first time I've seen it happen, but then other game companies don't release 71 cars, 6 tracks, and 16 player online demos.

Every other game demo on the PS3, like the 360 is free (cough! subscription <_< )

But hey, you have a choice, you buy it or you don't. @£17 it's worth it IMO

It's definately not just a demo, it's still a bit of a cheek though charging so much for it. The online stuff justifies the fee for Live in my book, no voice comms, no friends lists and a delayed launch. It all looks a bit amature hour.

Top to hear the full game might include a damage model though.

Archived