Smokewatch

Mutley

Guy in Outback this evening lights up. Dirty looks from others and a few words from his missus and it's out again pretty sharpish. TBH he was totally shitfaced and probably never what he was doing. Surprising how the smoke from one cigarette that's been lit for only a minute can still fill a big room - I was about 50 feet away.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to a few footy matches since the ban came in the UK. At some matches you can still pop out at half-time into the car park, but at most you can't.

At one match around 30 people turned up in 'smoke busters' uniform, with matching baseball caps, tee-shirts and shorts, armed with free nicorette patches. After a few rounds of "f**k off fascist!" and "what are you, the Hitler youth?" they soon retired limping - realising that many people don't appreciate being told what to do by such persons and are old enough to make informed adult decisions for themselves.

Most people in prison made informed adult choices for themselves.

I doubt if you surveyed them, many of them would agree with that - especially those who were enveloped by a red or green mist and/or were soaked with alcohol at the time. I'm sure many others who are addicted to illegal substances and the consequences of that wish it was a path they had never followed too. People will always need to be taught just how easy it is to seriously hurt or even kill someone and just how easy it is to get addicted to drugs. Education and information is no bad thing.

Remember though, the difference is that alcohol and fags are perfectly legal - and people are making their own choice. Whilst the information is always welcome - the fascist element isn't and will always be met by the same response from me.

Remember though, the difference is that alcohol and fags are perfectly legal - and people are making their own choice.

Yes, but someone who smokes in the same room as me is making the choice for me, which is the whole point.

If someone is moronic enough to want to smoke, fair enough, but I don't see why I should have to curtail my activities to avoid the consequences of their addiction.

And people who claim to love their children but then smoke in the same room as them (when the children don't have the choice of moving to a different room - or preferably house) should be prosecuted for child abuse.

I'd ban the bloody things.

I'm worried about alcohol addiction. I hardly ever went out to the pub cause I couldn't stand the ciggy smoke, last night I wandered round town merrily soaking in the smoke free atmosphere of a few public houses and consuming more booze in a pub than I'd done in at least 6 months. Going to the pub is now attractive and my alcohol consumption is therefore likely to rise considerably - should they ban this in public places also!!!

I'm worried about alcohol addiction. I hardly ever went out to the pub cause I couldn't stand the ciggy smoke, last night I wandered round town merrily soaking in the smoke free atmosphere of a few public houses and consuming more booze in a pub than I'd done in at least 6 months. Going to the pub is now attractive and my alcohol consumption is therefore likely to rise considerably - should they ban this in public places also!!!

They should only ban it when drinkers start forcing Stella Artois, Magners, etc. between the lips of teetotallers who just happen to be in the same room as them.

Can we now do something about those who break wind in a confined space?

And those sweaty evil mingers who have forgot what soap is, or have lost directions to the shower :sweat:

Archived