Smokewatch

Mutley

I remember lighting up at the "Outback" years ago when it was a "no smoking pub". If I remember correctly, it was called the "Nikei Dow" or similar !.

To be honest I felt like an idiot when the bar staff told me I couldn't smoke in the place, it ha dbeen advertised as "no smoking" but, I didn't know about that !.

I also remember how the place went "tits up" when no-one went in there - because you couldn't smoke !. Time will tell with the rest of the Islands Public Houses/Clubs !.

More party's at home I imagine which is probably no bad thing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was going to give up smoking but I have decided not to let the bullies win.

That's exactly how I feel.

I'd actually love to be a non-smoker but don't have the willpower to stay off them whenever I quit.

The smug bullying of the anti-smoking profession has had a reverse effect on me, and has made me dig in my heels. The next assault will be to ban smoking during working hours, and I've already seen one report where anti-smokers even want us banned from pub doorways.

Yet none of the governments have the balls to ban the sale of tobacco outright. The reports in the UK press a couple of years ago said they made £9.5 billion a year in fag taxes - and paid out ONLY around 20% of that in healthcare costs for smokers - so I don't believe for a second the notion that it's 'nothing to do with revenue'.

I can't think of any other section of society that has been discriminated against so blatantly and in such a heavy handed and officious way, and where the 'statistics' are misrepresented to suit the paid zealots at every opportunity.

A mate told me that the New Inn in Laxey doesn't appear to be enforcing the ban....

I'm sure the good officers of the Isle of Man Constabulary will be winging their way Laxeywards even as we speak. :rolleyes:

The Police haven't got anything to do with this ban - DOLGE have their own enforcement officers who will deal with it.

A mate told me that the New Inn in Laxey doesn't appear to be enforcing the ban....

I'm sure the good officers of the Isle of Man Constabulary will be winging their way Laxeywards even as we speak. :rolleyes:

The Police haven't got anything to do with this ban - DOLGE have their own enforcement officers who will deal with it.

Who said anything about them enforcing the ban?

Pants to the smoking ban, I have just had to brave the wild weather to sneak a puff - bloody ridiculous! As for prolonging my life, do me a favour - don’t bother! How about they stop you driving your stupid fume emitting cars/vans/lorries? stop all building because of all the toxic cement dust? Ban the spraying of god awful air fresheners? Ban hair spray and nasty teenage deodorants (Lynx and the like), then I might belive you when you tell me banning smoking is for my own good. There are much worse things than smoking. I will hand in my notice, go on benefits or something – that will teach them – fascists!

Pants to the smoking ban, I have just had to brave the wild weather to sneak a puff - bloody ridiculous!

You didn't have to brave the wild weather to sneak a puff - you could have stayed indoors and simply not had a ciggy, couldn't you? Unless you're addicted to them or something. ;)

Not only do you have no willpower, but now you're blaming others for it. Excellent stuff.

Bet they don't feel quite so rebellious in a few years time while their children/grand children watch them slowly dying. Nice prospect eh? Surely that thought should be enough to make anyone stop.

In all probablility, your children/grandchildren will watch you slowly dying of something or other. Nice prospect eh?

It's only the timeframe that alters and maybe the nasty that gets you in the end.

Pants to the smoking ban, I have just had to brave the wild weather to sneak a puff - bloody ridiculous!

If you're 'sneaking' out then are you smoking during the firms time and not your own??..you then stay behind late after work to make up for the time lost, whilst you should have been working??

Archived