Smokewatch

Mutley

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Day 4 of no-smoking TheBees - and what? its boring! that is all, boring and causes constipation (which is scaring me). So I will die of a bowel related illness, instead of lung cancer & much sooner too - oh I can hardly wait. Looking forward to getting my ileostomy (C/w free matching bag) or taking up 3 seats in waiting rooms because I'm that fucking fat.

Stick with it, it will get better. Fingers crossed for you.

Day 4 of no-smoking TheBees - and what? its boring! that is all, boring and causes constipation (which is scaring me). So I will die of a bowel related illness, instead of lung cancer & much sooner too - oh I can hardly wait. Looking forward to getting my ileostomy (C/w free matching bag) or taking up 3 seats in waiting rooms because I'm that fucking fat.

Not too sure if this is more smoking related or parking related

It seems that a lady may have been smoking in the IOM Bank in Athol St this morning so a female Douglas Corporation Bylaw Enforcement Officer, accompanied by a female Police Officer turn up in a Douglas Corporation Bylaw Enforcement van and park on the disabled parking spot at the end of Athol St and go into the bank to speak too the offender.

Pity there were no Traffic Wardens around at the time

I'm the self appointed 'No Smoking' officer - I have asked for a special badge and a cap...

Your wish is granted. :D

post-1037-1207311352_thumb.jpg

Seriously, while I've been working around Douglas this week there have been times when I've seen greater numbers standing outside pubs than were inside them.

Okay while the weather's reasonable - but come next October/November.....

yes. right. having to leave the office to smoke? dont think so. go on - find me and fine me you pathetic little officers that have nothing better to do than enforce useless laws that noone asked for and are paid by our tax money. i shall continue to light up at work and there is nothing you can do about it :P

Anarchy in the Isle of Man, you little minx you.

Whats the craic with me having a snout in my van,im self employed?The self styled King of Douglas council I bet has been smoking the beef in the chambers for years

if its your own van and u dont employ anyone, then you can smoke in it, if u employ someone u cant,

I was going to give up smoking but I have decided not to let the bullies win.

The next assault will be to ban smoking during working hours, and I've already seen one report where anti-smokers even want us banned from pub doorways.

Employers should ban smoking during working hours. The non smokers are sick of having to continue grafting while you slack gits slope off for up to 1/4 hour at a time for a fag.

Would you mind if I sloped off to the pub for a quick pint during working hours?

Having said this, you work for Government, so anything goes I suppose.

Archived