Could A Bridge Link Be Possible?

%age

'Hmmm', he said, looking at the calendar. Though may I be the first to suggest that Adrian Earnshaw's legs would likely be seen sticking out one of the bridge supports if it went ahead.

:rolleyes: - although if Earnshaw was somehow physiacally incorporated into the bridge supports, it would get my vote.

On a more serious note - I remember about 10 years ago there were serious suggestions for a tunnel from Holyhead to Ireland. Not a tunnel under the sea bed but one made from pre-cast concrete sections laid on the sea bed and then sealed and pumped dry. I imagine the cost/benefit would be prohibitive for a link from the island to the bigger island though...

There will never be a bridge.

The phrase 'If you don't like it there's a bridge in the morning' simply doesn't work

"If you don't like it there's a bridge over there" works ok though.

The "boat in the morning" stems from the days when there was always a boat in the morning, every morning, at 9 o'clock irrespective of whether the sea was a tad choppy or not. When they changed the time to 9:15 I realised the ratchet effect had started. Now they seem to leave just whenever and if ever they feel like it.

there is the earlier, seasonal, fast craft to Liverpool

If the wind isn't blowing :)

Or it could be the wrong type of waves at sea or the sea is too wet to sail

Archived