Could A Bridge Link Be Possible?

%age

There will never be a bridge.

The phrase 'If you don't like it there's a bridge in the morning' simply doesn't work

"If you don't like it there's a bridge over there" works ok though.

The "boat in the morning" stems from the days when there was always a boat in the morning, every morning, at 9 o'clock irrespective of whether the sea was a tad choppy or not. When they changed the time to 9:15 I realised the ratchet effect had started. Now they seem to leave just whenever and if ever they feel like it.

"If you don't like it there's a boat in the morning, but it usually turns back when it reaches Port Soderick"

And a campaign has started on the island to name the structure the Alf Priolo Bridge after a distinguished 19th Century Manx engineer.

What's with this reference to 'Alf Priolo'? I'm not sure I got it. (is it a pun like Alf Baked? - or half of 'Priolo' gives: olo ?)

And a campaign has started on the island to name the structure the Alf Priolo Bridge after a distinguished 19th Century Manx engineer.

What's with this reference to 'Alf Priolo'? I'm not sure I got it. (is it a pun like Alf Baked? - or half of 'Priolo' gives: olo ?)

Are you serious ? Today is ......... ? ...

...GOMH*...

Archived