Bowers And Wilkins Mini Theatre 5.1 Speaker Set

nathan wind

I've just upgraded my speaker system to full floorstanders, so that means I'm looking to sell my B&W MT-10 5.1 package. The satellites (B&W M-1) are bigger than the average high-street cinema-in-a-box type speaker, but they're still quite a bit smaller than bookshelf sized units. They're absolutely gorgeous to look at in a glossy white finish, set on chrome table stands - they also come with chrome wall-mounts.

These are solid metal little chaps that weigh over 2 kilos each and pump out a quality of sound that will match most speakers five times their size. Fully boxed - I can even throw in a bit of proper speaker cable to get you started. Paired with the 5 satellites, is the B&W AS1 subwoofer, which is quite small, but incredibly powerful for its size. The set is designed for smaller - mid-sized rooms, although tbh, it would sound amazing anywhere. I also have two bespoke(to the set) speaker stands to go with it all.

Run through a decent amp, using good cable, it'll blow you away with games, movies and music. This is a proper audiophile set up - I can't stress enough how highly regarded this kit is for the price, and how good both the sound and build quality are.

The full RRP for the 5.1 set and speaker stands comes to just over £1000. They're in excellent condition, all boxed and not quite a year old. You won't find them online as you can only buy them from dealerships.

I'd be looking for £695

I realise it's a lot of money, so if there's any interest at all, I can take it from there and provide more photos and my phone number for a proper chat etc. I'd be more than happy for anyone interested to come down and listen to them (near Pt Erin) - in fact, I'd urge you to do so, as they sound incredible.

If you have any doubts, as I always say, I can link you to 100% feedback across several forums and on eBay, and young Cret would be more than happy to vouch for me, I'm sure.

closeupsq4.jpg

standnd8.jpg

standsideaq8.jpg

subrd2.jpg

Edit - They all come as standard with the table mounts pictured in the close-up shot of an M1, so if you're happy with just those, and don't require the two floor stands, knock £100 off the price.

I'll take £650 for the full set - otherwise I'll have a set of incredibly posh PC speakers. The discounts for the set minus the stands/sub, still stand.

Actually, since I'm offering them for around that, including postage, on other forums, it'd be fairer to offer them at £600 here.

Final.

Offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Having set them up with my PC, it's sadly become apparent that I really don't have the room for these :(

£575

This is an utter steal :(

EDIT - In fact, I'll also throw in my old Sherwood Digital 5.1 AV reciever and a bag of decent speaker cable for nothing, as I won't have any use for either once the B&W's go. The amp is showing its age, but it's been great at running these speakers (and many other sets over the years - I was even using it to run my new set until last week when its replacement arrived!), through its optical or coaxial sockets for full DD 5.1! That makes this a full, top quality surround set ready to plug in and go. The only thing I can't suply is a subwoofer cable, as I don't have a spare one, otherwise I would.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Rise from your grave!

I sold these to a family member and they have recently(ish) ended up in my posession again - they had very little use after they left my hands, and indeed I've had them again for almost a year and haven't used them at all in that time. I was going to set them up in my spare room, but I'm never going to get around to it. I'd like them to go to a home where they'll be appreciated, and I'll still throw in that old Sherwood amp for nothing if anyone wants it, although there are no guarantees of how much longer it'll last, and I'm not sure how well the remote works these days, it's that long since it's been used.

Looking for £400

• 2 weeks later...

Archived