How Do You Rate Yours ..

x-in-man

Rates bill plopped on the floor today.

Water - WTF!

Do they do meters???? form a queue behind me if they do.

I suppose its down to having had the pleasure of road works, road works, more road works and my road being shut for 3 weeks while they dug even more bloody holes.

Two of us in the house, no bath - only a shower ... I'll be quids in if I get one.

Rates bill plopped on the floor today.

Water - WTF!

Do they do meters???? form a queue behind me if they do.

I suppose its down to having had the pleasure of road works, road works, more road works and my road being shut for 3 weeks while they dug even more bloody holes.

Two of us in the house, no bath - only a shower ... I'll be quids in if I get one.

I'd think very carefully about getting one. A lot of people across did on the grounds that they'd save - and they didn't.

Two sides to the argument though so you might like to checkout

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/cut-water-bills

Correct, the early meter adopters were mainly those with large houses (and hence large RV and bills) and few inhabitants who saved a fortune initially. This left the large families in smaller houses without meters who had no incentive to cut consumption. Result ... water companies had to massively increase ppl rates to recover their losses and are now doing their best to force everyone to have a meter. The end result is that everyone will pay more in the long run.

I lived alone in a band D house (ie average rates) and had a meter installed - my bills dropped to about 25% of the previous bill - subsequent years have seen even bigger savings - however I use a shower + not a bath, don't water the garden etc

Personally I's jump at a meter for my Peel flat - having a meter and knowing that any waste is paid for concentrates one's mind (eg fitting low flush toilets), showers rather than baths, car washes left to nature (easy on Island)

£450 for mine! Right I'm leaving me taps open 24x7 - if I'm paying that much I may as well save future effort in turning them on and off. Plus I get some soothing feng shui water features to boot.

£450 for mine! Right I'm leaving me taps open 24x7 - if I'm paying that much I may as well save future effort in turning them on and off. Plus I get some soothing feng shui water features to boot.

Bargain, water is about 80p a litre in the shops, but at home I'm in luxury with water on tap!

BTW I'm in upper Douglas - I expect we pay a high rate for water and my bill was £229.70 for water - what are you doing Mutley, leaving the taps open 24/7 to achieve some soothing feng shui water feature?

The rest of my rates were £373 for all the other bollox I pay for.

Archived