[BBC News] Rock band Athlete announce TT gig

Newsbot

Had never heard of them so followed Amadeus's YouTube link for a little illumination. Still never heard of them, except they sound like the depressing spawn of Coldplay and Keane.

Is it 'cos I is old that I don't get excited by modern choons innit?

Various members of this board collect festival tickets like others collect beer mats or stamps. (I have a theory that true appreciation of the sonic arts is not THE driving force for this. In fact, I do wonder if these people would recognise a parallel fifth if it hit them in the face, lol, lol..... ; )). Has anyone else noticed how these very same members are the most vociferously scathing about bands, irrespective of the group's level of success? One might even say the self proclaimed music lovers of the board are actually THE HATERS. lol..................

not often I agree and all that but...I gotta hand it to key lol boarder..

athlete does seem a wacky pick tho for tt week; driving back to the camp site after that lot would numb the reactions more than ten pints

Various members of this board collect festival tickets like others collect beer mats or stamps. (I have a theory that true appreciation of the sonic arts is not THE driving force for this. In fact, I do wonder if these people would recognise a parallel fifth if it hit them in the face, lol, lol..... ; )). Has anyone else noticed how these very same members are the most vociferously scathing about bands, irrespective of the group's level of success? One might even say the self proclaimed music lovers of the board are actually THE HATERS. lol..................

Gets my vote for post of the year.....so far.

Archived