Portishead

House

It's not exactly going to convert any non-fans - (if you don't like Dummy or the self-titled second album, you won't like this) - but it's certainly pushing the buttons for me. (If 'Roads' is the last thing I ever hear, I'll die happy.)

In a way you'd expect an album from a band who never really officially split up and just did (largely) nothing for eleven years to be a bit more dramatic, however it is basically 'Portishead Evolved and With New Improved Bigger Beats,' which is no bad thing IMO.

The underlying problem with Portishead is trying to find a 'good' time to listen to them, they're not exactly driving music, or chilling out music, or relaxing with a partner music. I did once manage to listen to the entire self-titled second album whilst trying to squeeze out a few drops of piss (hunched over a Victorian potty) on the back-end of a three day pills 'n speed bender - but that was many years ago, I never even got to piss properly at the end of it, and my willy looked like a dead maggot. (The music was good though.)

In more enlightened and less shrivelled times, Portishead are probably best suited to personal introspection via a walkman or other such mobile music device.

They are also great to listen to whilst programming. You can listen to it without actually listening to it, it just rolls through your head.

Yeah that'd work too as well I guess. (I've just been going through my backup schedules and the ghostly echoes of Beth's voice have proved to be a suitable accompaniment.)

CHALLENGE!

I like to listen to Portishead when I:

1) Really need to pee but can't pee

2) Program

3) Organise and rationalise backups

Anyone up for number 4?

(I know this doesn't really make them sound very good, but honestly, they are!)

If my single comment makes you think I'm a wally/starstruck schoolgirl, it says more about you than it does me.

The only desperation I can see is someone desperate for attention. Perhaps more cuddles from mummy would have helped.

I temporarily removed you from my ignore list to do this reply. Don't expect that privilege again.

I temporarily removed you from my ignore list to do this reply. Don't expect that privilege again.

Hmm, your ignore list must be malfunctioning.

I would never put you on ignore. I find you too sexy.

Are you within 'striking' distance of my home? (And by striking, I mean fucking.)

It is my mission to follow you around these forums until you succumb to my spunky charms!

You sound desperate, a la star struck schoolboy.

I woke up with a big stiffy.

I will listen to Portishead on the way to work and dream of you, although not too much or I'll crash lol

You sound desperate, a la star struck schoolboy.

I woke up with a big stiffy.

I will listen to Portishead on the way to work and dream of you, although not too much or I'll crash lol

harhar you said stiffy. :lol::lol:

If chatting about Portishead causes you all to argue then there really isn't any hope is there?

Blame Bristol..But before u do check out some Wild Bunch stuff (eg,Mad Professor,Tricky on a good day, Tugg.S.T.A.R. etc)

The links between some of Portishead's crew,West Country boys and the original NY scene is undeniable.Check those scratches and blends on..well,every Portishead cut really.

I enjoy them most with cider.Str8nge that.

ONE LUVV

Archived