Improving Douglas

nipper

From Manx Radio News click here

£8million.

On the Isle of Man I suppose that will just about buy the consultants or architects. The sound clip is just hot air and basically says nothing whatsoever of any use whatsoever.

"Now the task is to decide how and where to spend the money, for maximum results."

There'll be plenty of people taking politicians and civil servants out for lunch to decide that little one.

In the make believe world of the virtual-internetty-chat-room-forum in which we live, if you had £8,000,000 to spend where would you start? Remember all towns and villages are going to get a makeover with Douglas first, so we're all included.

Just for fun remember because what you really think means fuck all to these people. They knows better than you ever could.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the make believe world of the virtual-internetty-chat-room-forum in which we live, if you had £8,000,000 to spend where would you start?

8 mill? Easy! New house and garage for me: 1 mill, Bugatti Veyron: 1 mill, private racetrack behind my new house: 6 mill

Done, and it's gonna look good - just trust me - Douglas needs that - it's for the tourists and art'n stuff.... :whistling:

Rename Ramsey to North Douglas then lots of money will be thrown at North Douglas - it might even get a placky shitehawk as well.

If I couldn't turn the Isle of Man into the Isle of Bears, I'd spend the money moving the minging estate being built next to Johnny Watterson's Lane, and the more established one at the end of Tromode Road to Ramsey. Whilst they look rubbish in Douglas, anything's better than those flats in Ramsey, so both would benefit and hence maximum use would be made of the money.

Edit: Alternatively, I'd spend the money hiring a private army with which to sieze power and impose my rule on you all. 40% of the population would then be forcibly relocated to specially constructed habitation ships anchored off the north of the Island, where they would endlessly toil in sea borne factories in the name of bringing prosperity to the remaining population.

Archived